Sunday, July 3, 2011

Faith vs. Fear

Hope is the anticipation that the outcome will be good.
Worry is the anticipation that the outcome will be bad.
Faith is the anticipation that whatever the outcome, it will be for our good. - Anon.



I shared this quote before...back on this post. I felt a lot of hope and a lot of peace during that time but somewhere between then and now I got turned around. There are lots of factors really. Somehow after going through so many months of really hard trials (i.e. within a 3 week period I had a new baby, found out I had melanoma, and Darin lost his job) I forgot how to relax and fully enjoy life for the moment it is. Since we got to Ohio I've felt like I'm constantly on pins and needles waiting for our next 'big trial', waiting for something to go wrong, waiting for bad news. I hope I'm not the only one who has ever felt this unwarranted anxiety before. It keeps me up at night and gives me a stomach ache all day. It is stealing my joy. I know that the Lord doesn't give us fear, He gives us faith which is peaceful even during the worst storm. My favorite scripture is


Isaiah 41:13


For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.
That is my prayer today, that I will stop fighting invisible enemies and count my many, many blessings.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

God Bless America, land that I love.

4 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I Totally loved this. I had no idea all that happened so close together. I loved That Scripture, very uplifting.

Jill said...

It's uncanny how alike we are! Anxiety has been my companion for far too long. Counting blessings needs to be my new hobby. I'm working on it. Oh- and I love that quote by-the-way. I need to remind myself of it more often. Thanks for reminding me!

Monica said...

I can so relate to this post! Love that quote. Thanks for sharing! :)

Crystal Nelson said...

That is how I felt when we moved here to El Dorado Hills! I always thought you were so strong and brave for everything you were going through. But one Sunday I was sitting in sunday school and heard the quote told from President Benson to Elder Packar (at the time a newly called apostle) and he said 'your problem is you want to know the end from the beginning.' I loved it because I wanted to see the end. I wanted answers then and was wondering why we were going through all our trials. But then I recognized there was light at the end of the tunnel and the more steps I took, the bigger the light got. I wish you well and hope you are able to face everything with faith. You are one of the most amazing people I have ever met! Good luck in everything!