Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Motivate Me Monday..errrr Tuesday ;-)

Don't you just love the 4th of July?!  It does my heart good to look over a sea of people wearing red, white, and blue.  I love the crowds and festivities...happy, patriotic chaos!  That also means I didn't have a moment to blog...besides today feels more like Monday than yesterday did. 

I promised a precise review of the BodyBugg and I must say that I officially stink at precision. Ha. I just couldn't eat pre-packaged food all week and then that led to a LOT of grey area and then blah, blah, blah here we are a week later.  I do have good news though.  I did track my calories and I did wear the BodyBugg all week (oh, but not while sleeping) and in the end it totally helped me!  I lost 2 lbs which is pretty awesome in my world.  I felt much more aware of how much exercise and activity I was getting, as well as being very conscience about what I ate.  So while I may not have been exact to the calorie, I was as honest as I could be.  I seem to burn about 2400 calories a day and eat about 1400...that equates to 1000 calorie deficit each day, which means 2 elbees ;-) in a week.

Curious about the best workouts???  Running totally wins!  I burned 330 in only 30 minutes of running, whereas Zumba was a 440 calorie burn in an hour.  I also jogged in place in between songs in Zumba..totally bugs me that other people just stand there!  They. are. wasting. precious. time! haha  I went to a couple of different instructors and my burn seemed consistent in all the classes.  I also love kickboxing but haven't had a chance to go to a class - I'll let you know how it compares as soon as I go.

Thanks again for checking in and for any tips you've given me!  I was sooooo hesitant to do this series but it's been fun and it's definitely kept me on track.  1/2 way done too!!!! Now I just have to commit myself to those darn weights...uggghhhhh!

5 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I loved my body bugg but ended up returning it to costco when it left a horrible rash on my arm no matter what I tried. My most calories ever was downhill snow skiing for a day, my memory says I burned like 7000 calories but I know that seems absurd. I agree the body bugg helps you realize just what really is worth the exercise. What speed did you run on for those 30 minutes?

Stefanie Hathaway said...

you are doing great- i think 2 lbs is awesome. i've lost 5lbs over like 2-3 weeks, just being more aware of what i eat, and doing something active each day. I'm getting more committed now seeing i can actually lose weight and i want to lose 10 more! Your blog motivates me for sure! Good luck!

Sarah Lunt said...

Caroline, that's a bummer! I'm so impressed that you burned like 7000 in a day though! Whew, I think I'd have to run a marathon to do that. So, I was only running on a 5 on the treadmill.

Stefanie, great job! I'm so impressed!

Donette said...

Holy cow girl! I have not been on your blog in forever it seems. You are so good. I need to follow your example and be more diligent at blogging. Been thinking about you guys a lot in the last week - totally missed you for our cabin week. Hope you can make it next year! Love all the fashion tips so keep it comin - I can always use the help! Love you guys!

Chris and Laura said...

440 calories in a ZUMBA class!? How disappointing!!! Do not go back if that's all you're getting in an hour! I agree...waste of time when you can do double with running. I used to be a runner and switched over to Zumba because the classes I was attending in Utah were so comparable in intensity and aerobic endurance. My class on Saturday, a girl reported 1,011 calories in our hour class. I'm at least at 800 cals. Find a different instructor or stick to running, for sure. :) Loved a quick look at your blog. You are so talented!!!