Monday, July 18, 2011

Motivate Me Monday - final weigh-in

Last fitness post...or is it???

I think I'll make this a Hi/Lo post (gotta get back to more of those)

Lo - When I started blogging weekly for Motivate Me Monday I felt like I needed to blog more in general or else the whole blog would be about weight loss and I didn't want the world (or the 4 people who read my blog) to think that's all I cared about.  I didn't realize how quickly things could get out-of-hand...you know, one blog post leads to another and then another and before you know it you've over-shared! haha

Hi - I really did it!  I said I would eat better, exercise, and lose weight and I did.  I didn't do anything crazy - just counted calories (most of the time) and got in a solid 30 minutes (at least) of exercise.  So are you wondering how much I lost???  9 lbs.  I'm pretty happy with that...especially since it wasn't grueling and didn't require fasting or giving up my favorite foods or cutting off a limb.  I do have a few more to lose but it's not going to drive me crazy...just keep swimming, just keep swimming (Nemo).  I have to say that blogging about weight loss just might be a magic pill...something to think about.

What is the future of Motivate Me Monday you ask..well, you didn't really but I'm sure you were about to...hmmmm, I'm trying to decide.  I feel like it's been a great tool for me to do better and there are LOTS of areas that I need to improve upon so next week I'll let you know.  One thing is for sure, it will include a once-a-month weigh-in to keep me on track! ;-)

Happy Monday!

7 comments:

Jill said...

Wow Sarah! I'm so proud of you. Nine lbs is amazing! I say, keep doing Motivate Me Monday, but mix it up on the topic- sometimes it could be about prioritizing or chores (fun) or goals you have (sewing/cooking/meal planning). K- I just thought of that off the top of my head- and I think I might copy you with my idea! LOL

Keep it up!

OneMooreFamily said...

Congratulations!! Might I say I'm a tad envious?? Mine didn't go as well although I have improved my eating habits. Perhaps you're onto something with the blogging . . . ? You always were a brilliant girl. Thanks for Motivating Me on Monday! Tomorrow is a new day & I'll try again. As for you, Bravo! I'm so proud of you. Thanks for being the amazingly motivating little sister!

Cassie L. said...

Sarah,
This has been so fun for me to read! I seriously have been looking forward to it every week adn I am super proud of you. 9 lbs is a lot when you are a little bitty thing already! I may steal your idea because I about 10 or so hanging out in my mid section that I would like to part ways with and it is ANNOYING! Maybe weight blogging would do it for me too! Thanks!!

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

Sharing is caring :-)
I love all you've shared.
Great blogging!
Someone posted on Facebook that the cast of swamp ppl would be in vinton, la and I thought of you, so close to vidor, just across the state line on I-10

Crystal Nelson said...

Congratulations! That road to weight loss is a challenging one! Way to think of a way that will keep you motivated! I will have to think of a way after baby. I have a lot more than 9 pounds to lose, but good job woman!

Robin said...

Wow- NINE??? I'm so jealous, and wondering where I was cus I just tuned in for this. Please keep it up and motivate me!
BTW, when are we going to see you guys??

Donette said...

What the heck! You are so good - 9lbs is awesome! Wish I could figure that out. You know I don't get sick of this topic;)