Sunday, July 31, 2011

Boho Maxi-Dress - Favorite Fabric

 I've owned this gorgeous silk fabric for at least 4 years.  I got it on sale and it's absolutely my favorite fabric.  You can't see the beading in these photos but it has lots of beads and sequins scattered throughout.  I loved it so much that I was too afraid to touch it - waiting until I was a really good seamstress.  That day never came but I decided it was time for the gorgeous fabric to see the world anyway.

You can click to enlarge...really beautiful.
 

beads and sequins.

I love this Maxi-dress that I got at Target (blue one below) so I thought I would use it as the pattern.  Well that story ends there...this dress was haphazardly put together in the end.  If you want a really great tutorial for a maxi dress, go here .
my pattern of sorts. At least it got me started.

You can see Darin's reflection in the door. :-) I hate modeling but this didn't fit over Coco's bust.
I wore it to church and it didn't fall apart.  Yay me!

I have one more dress living in my head that I MUST make this week and a wreck of a dress that I have to tell you about, it's really quite a funny parody - just need time to write about it.

7 comments:

Jill said...

It's beautiful! Wow- you're almost ready for an etsy shop. ;) Can't wait to see what's next and hear about the funny parody! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Lovely! (And the dress turned out nice too.) ;) I agree that the fabric is fabulous so I'm like Jill, impatiently waiting for what genius creation is next.

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

Love the Ohio state representation :-)
It's really beautiful. Never realized just what a maxi dress was til now.

OneMooreFamily said...

I love it! You should never shy away from modeling! It's totally your talent. The fabric is beautiful and you did an amazing job. I can't wait for the next dress debut!

jkhuber said...

So talented! Or should I say "sew" talented. :) I thought that dress was so cute when you wore it on Sunday. Way to go!

Ashley said...

so cute and so talented. you inspire me to make myself stuff. it's scary to me sometimes.

Donette said...

You are getting so good - I;ll hire you to start making all my clothes! I love that I at least know I have some style because I have your same sandals - got them in black and brown too.
P.S. what is up with that Ohio statue?