Monday, July 11, 2011

{Motivate Me Monday} Reaching a place of balance and peace

I have ZERO desire to look like the above model but I do appreciate the truth in this Nike ad...it takes work to keep your body healthy.  I think everyone has a place where mentally and physically they feel their best.  Like I said, mine is not having cut abs and ripped biceps...but it is a way that my body moves easily and my mind feels sharper, my stress is down and my energy is up.  I'm grateful that I have happiness in that place without any jealousy or desire to look like anyone else.  How can I complain about my legs when they will run for miles for me?  How can I complain about my arms when I have two of them and the strength to hold my beautiful Scarlett for hours?  How can I complain about my abs when they provided a home to four of the most amazing children on the planet?  I am thankful today for contentment with myself and my body.  I know that the goals I have set are just a place of balance...and I'm almost there.

Our 13th Anniversary is this weekend!  So next Monday is my last Motivate Me Monday post..at least about fitness.  I'm thinking about choosing another area to focus on, hmmmm...we'll see.

5 comments:

OneMooreFamily said...

Beautifully stated! I love that about you! (Your ablility to find the balance.) I'm SO proud of you. Thanks for inspiring me. Have a happy anniversary. I love and adore you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm anxious to hear about your next motivational focus area! Keep inspiring us! (and giving me more reasons to hit the EXCLAMATION POINT key!!!)

Unknown said...

For some reason I teared up reading " How can I complain about my abs when they provided a home to four of the most amazing children on the planet?"
Gosh that's true. I dont think I'll ever forget that when the extra skin and "stuff" is spilling over my pants. :)

Kayla Robinson said...

You should of told us it was your anniversary!! We would of pulled strings to come and babysit for y'all while you were out or something! Get with the program...that's why we're 6 hours away. Duh! :)

Donette said...

Love this quote! I saw it on facebook and it is the truth and I love it!!! But you are making me feel a little guilty about all the complaining I do;) Thanks for the wake up call! BTW I am going to call you soon!