Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Allie's First Sewing Class & Project

Allie took a 3 hour sewing class last week.  She LOVED it and learned so much.  She made a really cute pillow (need a picture of it) and her confidence in sewing soared.  So while I was working on a project the following day, she begged to sew too.  I remembered I had the materials for some pillowcase dresses and thought she could tackle that project - wow, she amazed me!  I wish I was a better photographer - these are soooo cute!
Allie hard at work.

  
Love the big white bow on one shoulder.

Cuties.


Beautiful Kate. Love the striped ribbon Allie used on her dress.

We had such a fun week with 4 extra kids! Wow, it reminded me of my childhood - so fun, I need to update with those photos soon.

7 comments:

Donette said...

Adorable adorable adorable! Love these dresses! So fuN! I think having girls makes you more motivated to sew and create stuff! Boys - umm = not so much!

Kayla and Joshua said...

How ADORABLE!!! Tell ALlie we are SO proud of her!! That's a good idea...a sewing class! I should look for one for like a saturday or something! I always want to sew but It's been YEARS so I just put it off and never do it, I'm mostly afraid of messing up. I too love the big bow on her shoulder! Too presh!

Anonymous said...

Impressive! That's so great she's learning early. She, obviously, has a talent for sewing.

Anonymous said...

Tell Allie that I said those dresses are the cutest dresses I ever saw and that I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED to make some for my sisters:)

OneMooreFamily said...

How fabulous! She's such a natural and will love sewing for life. You're a smart mama to let her learn to soar early in life. I can't wait for y'alls next project!

Anita said...

super cute!!! cant wait to teach ava. those dresses turned out awesome!

jkhuber said...

Awww, little fashionistas in the making!