Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Summer Daze...

Highlights of the summer:

Yard work...believe it or not we had the best time as a family just pulling weeds and listening to music. The landscaping was in BAD shape from all the rain and no attention...but that was taken care of in a mere 3 hour weeding session on Friday followed by 7 hours on Saturday! Whew!




(yes, we always smile while pulling weeds...here I was saying, "Weeding's my favorite!" Ha


Darin agrees...just before this photo he said, "Do you think the neighbors would mind if we pull their weeds too?" lol



The "after" makes it all worth it!




We were greeted by some friends around dusk Friday night....Fireflies which are just so magical! The kids caught, released, caught, released, and so forth until we dragged them into the house. I'm falling more and more in love with this house and this land.




Boys of Summer...Baseball time!

If you know Darin, then you know he LOVES baseball. His mom has a picture of him sleeping with his bat as a little boy. You can imagine how thrilled Darin is that his little junior LOVES baseball too. We signed Roman up for t-ball several weeks ago and it finally started this week. Boy have we gotten some leverage out of it during this waiting period..."Roman, if you eat this it will make a you a good baseball player!"..."Roman, baseball players ALWAYS take naps."..."Roman, you have to eat barbecue...Baseball players LOVE it!" haha It's really all Roman wants to talk about...and he's especially thrilled that his coach is

.....dun.du.du.dummmmmm (drum roll) Darin!!!!! Darin is going to be the best little-league coach ever. Their first practice was a huge success...well, no the kids never got the concept of running the bases BUT they all had fun. I'm bummed that I didn't get a better picture of the coach with his boy..but I will next week for sure!

This video is short but cute - I didn't realize some kid smacked Roman in the head right before he started to run. Haha..ooops, not funny.




We also had a wonderful Sunday visit with some of our besties from Columbus. I only managed one picture of the kids because I was having such a great time chatting with their mommies. Can't wait to reconnect with more of our Columbus friends!



And so the enchanted days of summer begin....

3 comments:

Kayla and Joshua said...

How fun! I'm proud of y'all for pulling weeds...that's one chore and I absolutely hate! I'd rather wash like 300 loads of laundry....or vacuum the house over and over and over! lol And I love the trick to get Roman to do things! hahah! Tell Kate she looks SO grown up with he hair cut. I absolutely love it!

Jill said...

{Gasp} I love it! I'm so glad you posted this- it makes me smile. And smiling's my favorite! ;) (on a side-note, it's hard to eat much when I'm smiling all the time. Haha! j/k)

I'm so happy for y'all and where you are! Keep the posts coming!

♥

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I only weeded three rows of my garden. The rest is grass covered. You're inspiring me though. Your home is very beautiful.