A Happy Father's Day.
Soooo it's already been a week??!!!
Quick Update: I have to say that I was 90% good and maybe 10% really happy...haha pounding some Texas Sheet cake yesterday with great friends made for the Best Father's Day ever! I'm going to weigh-in tomorrow but I don't think I'll post the actual numbers. I know a lot of people don't like the scale, but for me it's just a way to gage results.
Food: So sometimes I like to eat quick and convenient foods - like Fiber 1 bars, light yogurt, etc. but last week I focused on eating mostly food that isn't processed. Noooo, I'm no organic hippy but I do like natural, "Heaven-made" food. Soooo..that's nuts, fruit, cucumbers and other veggies, sweet potatoes (my favorite), and I have to say that I want to at least lean towards these foods always..there's room for both but the 90-10 rule for mostly pure vs. processed is do-able.
Working out has never been my problem. I LOVE a good workout. I'm in heaven when I run on my treadmill to some great music and HGTV on the tv. I can feel the minute the endorphins hit my brain and things become very clear. I can design dresses in my mind while I run, decorate rooms, finish projects....ahhh, if you've never had that moment, then you haven't had a great workout. That being said, I'm not a fast runner - I like to run at a 5 for 30 to 45 minutes. Usually around minute 10-12 I start feeling great. Soooo if you think you hate the treadmill, download some Miley Cyrus "Party in the USA" and CeeLo "Bright Lights Bigger City" jog for 10 minutes and tell me you don't feel better!
My other workout LOVE is Zumba!!! Have you tried it?! Since I was a little girl, I would BEG my mom to put me in dance, but there was no $$ for such. I would dance in my room though and I was in junior high drill team - loved it. Then at BYU I started taking aerobics and loved the dance-like workout...anywho...along comes Zumba and I feel like I'm taking my first dance classes. If you're a dancer-at-heart like me, try Zumba.
Nowwwww....I need to add in some weights, boooo. Weights are just boring to me, there's no workout high but they are necessary so I'll add 'em in this week.
NEW CHALLENGE:
I'm really glad that I posted my "jean" intervention last week, thank you for the comments! Nowwww...I need to challenge myself publicly to finish the crib skirt for Scarlett's room. Wow, now I feel committed - no pressure, right? I'll just whip that up and post the pics by Friday. ;-)
If you commit to something on your blog, lemme know and I'll come over to cheer you on!
5 comments:
My current weight loss motivation is that I told Jake I get a dress from shabby apple after I lose all this weight! I'm excited! I always wanted to be in "classes" too! Oh and now I want cable TV and a treadmill ha ha
I love Caroline's comment! ;)
I'm on board with you! I'm eating healthier but still need help. Thanks for motivating me. =) I need a little "jean intervention" myself.
I'm so proud of you though!! You're doing great!
Sarah,
I love the updates! How fun! I wanted to tell you too that I feel the same way about the processed stuff. It is so dang hard though. One thing I love is the Larabars. They have like two or three ingredients, I guess they are still processed technically, but when you read something that says...dates, almonds, cherries...I can go for that. And it is nice to get some protein in their while you can and the nuts help that. I bought them at Costco (a little more money than I would like, but...oh well) and I hide them and save them for after a super duper workout. You should check them out! Keep going! You are awesome!!
I need to play along with this! 4 kids has killed me physically. i agree about the treadmill stuff...and I usually do a 5 or 6 maybe. I did 2 miles this morning outside w/ the jogger. I am not great w/ zumba though! ahhh you would be laughing so hard seeing me in one of those classes. good luck w/ the weight I love weights and kickboxing classes. I need to join a gym fast when we move.
I wish my mind cleanered up as much as yours does when you run...it seems like when I lay down to go to bed is when I all the sudden start thinking of things. I just got the biggest loser for my Wii fit and it is awesome! They do actual work outs on there and you can pick like if you want to do upper, lower and how long you want to do it for! Oh and they give you recipe ideas and you do weigh in every week..i'm excited to try it out!!
I want to do Zumba with you!! I've only heard amazing things and I think we would haave fun...maybe TOO much fun together! lol
Love you!
Post a Comment