Tuesday, October 27, 2009

4 Skirts!!!! Whata week!

Let's break last week down to a list of highs and lows....

Lows

1. It is not possible for me to be "in bed" at 10 pm. There is an opposing magnetic forcefield that cannot be broken until 10:30 at the very earliest.
2. It is NOT possible for me to wake up at 6 am without a very major incentive or person waiting for me...do it for myself??? nahhhh.
3. Allie got very sick on Wednesday and did not fully recover until Saturday....hence the week was not on schedule as planned. Now Darin and I are sick!!!! (that sentence sounds weird but I'm sick so whatev.)
4. Sister Oster has ruined LOTS of bread this week and now I'm out of yeast! (She's such a whiner sometimes!)
5. Sister Crock-it thought it would be funny to get in on the act and turn off mid-cooking! Haha jokes on me after a very long Sunday.


Enough already.....

Highs

1. Last Monday and Tuesday went off perfectly!!!
2. I made not 2 but 4 skirts!!!! (pics below)
3. I feel like I accomplished so much more this past week but sadly the house looks the same. (this is still a high because I feel more accomplished!)
4. I am NOT giving up and am working out the kinks to the schedule and meal planning.
5. Stocked up on 3 month supply of one meal...we are doing this each week until we have a complete 3 month supply of food in case of an emergency.


Back to the skirts....I'm so proud.

#1. Is made from a man's XXL t-shirt from Old Navy. It cost $0.99!!!!!! Yes, less than a dollar. When I first eyed the shirt Darin started shaking his head...I laughed because he thought I was buying TWO of them for him! haha (Sorry if you own this shirt, but seriously???)






#2. Is made from 2 bandanas that cost $1 each! Great, cheap project if you want to learn to sew. This took me like 10 minutes start to finish! It's Red Ribbon Week at school and the girls had to wear red today...voila! 2 adorable (if I do say so myself) skirts!!!







Sorry but these adorable models are under an exclusive contract! ;-)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darling skirts, darling children, darling mother!! Yay! Hope you feel better soon.

cheeks said...

sarah! those skirts are adorable...and what a deal! i'm sorry you're sick...that totally throws off the whole trying to be really accomplished goal, although i must say you did a lot more than i would if i was sick!

you should email me a list of your chore schedule...i'm interested to see what it's like. i've tried to do "laundry monday" "bathrooms tuesday" "floors wednesday" etc.. type of schedule, but i'm bad at staying on track and then i end up doing it all in one day and i usually hate that day!

i agree...being IN BED by 10 is hard to do. i feel like it's more like 11 when i start to wind down. maybe we just love that alone time we get to ourselves when the babes are asleep!

feel better soon!

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I have a sewing machine but never attempt sewing...maybe I should try...you have inspired me

Brandon and Cari (Sellers) Murdock said...

so so so so SO cute! way to go! muy impressive!

Gazdik Family said...

The skirts are SO cute, I want one! :) Haha I think it is awesome that you can do that!
Erin

Jill said...

Way to go Sarah! :) Me likey!

Laurie said...

Oh, too cute!!! Those bandana skirts are great--and so cute with leggings! Very, very impressed!

And yes, that magnetic force-field around the bed before 10:30 is real. :-)

designdazzle.blogspot.com said...

Great job! They turned out so cute. I'm sure the girls are so happy to wear them!! They'll be bragging about their fashionista mom at school. Hope you're feeling better.
Hugs,
Toni

Donette said...

Like I said before = stop with the perfectness!
The skirts are adorable - wish I had a girl to make one for. I will pass on the cuteness for my neighbor friends with girls.:)
Hope everyone gets well soon!

Todd and Ashley said...

Wow Sarah, you are so talented. I need to get some fun tips from you. Your girls look adorable in them too. Roman wanted to pose too even though he wasn't in a skirt. So cute

Ashley said...

Love the skirts, and I like the idea of using something out of the norm. Last spring I made my girls all matching skirts and buy the time I paid for elastic, fabric and thread (no charge for my time) I figured I could have bought skirts at Old Navy or Target for cheaper! But my girls loved them more than anything I could have purchased.
My daughters elementary has "purple pride" every Friday, so I am always on the look out for cute purple and a purple bandana skirt will be super cute to wear....in the spring since it's already FREEZING here!

Laurie Gustafson said...

NIce job on the skirts, and the cleaning, and the cooking!!! I hope you are doing better...It looks like you are!

OneMooreFamily said...

Fabulous! (You always are!) The skirts are adorable and I see some excitement in the eyes of your models . . . I know they love them! Such trendsetters.

Hope you get well soon and it doesn't continue to spread to the other little people.

Thanks for all the inspiration! I'll continue to stalk your blog for updates :)

Love you!

Sarah Walton said...

Sarah!! Seriously, those skirts are too cute. I really need to learn how to sew. Oh, and I almost bought that Old Navy shirt for Dan . . . just kidding. Anyway I really like your idea for stocking up a 3 months food storage. Buying one meal at a time. I really need to get on that. Actually, it might have to wait til after we move so we don't have to move too much food. But I do like your idea. You're an inspiration!

Juli Chan said...

I love the red skirt, so you say it's easy to make?