I've hired some help, two very sweet ladies who are a whiz in the kitchen!
Meet Sister Crock-it and Sister Oster.....


I just dump some stuff in them in the morning (when I actually feel like being in the kitchen) and I leave to hang out with him.... jealous?

When we return...voila Cheesey Broccoli Soup and Bread Bowls! Yummy! Ohhhhh, and they make a mean barbque chicken grill bread! (okay, a certain handsome Orthodontist had to help them a bit.)

Who likes the new kitchen help?! (nevermind that one of these kids is eating a hot dog ;) )

Just thought I'd pass this joy along, it is quickly making my life very close to perfection....well I just have to teach them to mop!
Here is Sister Crock-it's recipe for Panera Cheesey Broccoli Soup
2 can Cream of Chicken Soup (or one big can)
2 pkg (10 oz) frozen chopped broccoli
1 small onion chopped
1 quart half and half
1 pkg American cheese (cubed)
Dump and cook on high for 4 hrs. It's also great with diced potatoes and bacon.
For bread bowls just make your favorite roll recipe...Sister Oster has her own.... divide the dough into 4 -6 giant rolls and bake at 400 degrees for 10 min...or whatever you think. hehe Look at me sharing recipes! These ladies have already taught me so much!
17 comments:
I love it!!!!!!!!! What a great trade! I am working on a mopping trade. If I work it out, I will pass on any details... Hope you're doing well! Love you tons!
I only have energy to cook in the morning or during the day... come dinnertime I'm toast so I too use a crockpot or put together a dish in the day and then bake it at dinnertime. GOOD JOB!
sounds like a nice little arrangement you've got there. kate cracks me up with her hot dog. she is SO my mini-me! we love and miss y'all so much!!! it really stinks that we don't get to spend thanksgiving together again this year. :( but we're so happy that y'all are settled and enjoying california. love you!!!
Brilliant!!! I'm going to try that this week! How fantastic! Keep having fun! (I'm going crazy with the exclamation points!!)
You crack me up girl! Looks yummy! I will have to try the pizza idea on our grill. What kind of dough do you use for that? BTW-got the cd in the mail from you today with the pics. Thanks!
Oh and I forgot, I would TOTALLY do the swap - cleaning for cooking if we were closer. My house is a pig sty right now!
love it!! i don't mind cooking...but i hate the mess it makes and i'd rather be reading a book or cleaning. when joe works nights we often all pick our fav cereal for dinner (the kids like it). i need to use my crock pot more, thanks for the soup recipe!
Yay! Can't wait to try this! {I'm actually dying for a bowl right now!} Thanks for posting it!
Oh the pizza looks good - I've always wanted to try that, but wasn't sure how the top gets cooked so I haven't done it. I am totally with you on not cooking - I'm not sure if we've gone a day or maybe even a meal when a hot dog was not present, breakfast included! Scary!
ok, love the hired help!! you are too funny! i love the bbq grill bread idea! we'll have to try it!
thanks for your comment....i can totally agree with you about the mothers lounge at church! i felt to immature to be there! ha ha! But as far as the "mom" moment goes....i think you have to be THE most beautiful, stylish mom i know so i would never think that you've experienced one of those moments!
How do you not have VT's yet? We miss seeing you! I'm not even kara partner anymore since she's out of state, but maybe we can still make somethin happen!
Awesome, I have been looking for new ideas and this looks like a winner!
I'm totally gonna use that recipe....
and okay can i just say i expected 2 little old mexican ladies? like seriously!! hahahaha. i'm not being racist or anything..but for reals! lol.
I'm impressed with you though....way to step it up and be a mom! hahaha kidding. lol
I love you!!
Love this recipe! I am going to make it next week. Grocery shopping tomorrow:) Love your blog, adorable family. Please don't leave our ward ever!
Wow, look at you! I'll have to try that recipe for sure, maybe tonight. What a great idea to cook in the afternoon, we keep eating sandwiches for dinner cause there is no time/energy to cook by then. I'll have to try things your way and see how it works.
Loved checking up on your blog. It has been a while. It looks like California is working out great for the family. Love the skirts!
Post a Comment