Thursday, November 19, 2009

Our Beautiful Birthday Boy!



Roman turned 2 on November 7th. It was a wonderful day although it was hard to believe that 2 years had passed since his arrival! We had been telling him about birthdays for a few days and singing Happy Birthday to him, which he thought was hilarious. I wasn't sure if he understood what we were telling him until I was taking him upstairs for his nap that afternoon. I said, "Roman, when you wake up we'll have your birthday party. What do you want for your birthday? What presents do you want?" No joke, Roman replied, "Ont (want) candy, ball, cars, a bike." I started laughing and new I was in trouble because we did NOT have a bike for him. LOL Too cute. He thoroughly enjoyed the day and so did the girls - they spent the entire morning decorating the house and making him cute things. Darin and I are so blessed to have such great kids!
Some Fun Facts About Roman:
1. You LOVE cars, trucks, busses, and anything that "goes".
2. You LOVE the movie cars and have watched it over and over - it just never gets old.
3. You LOVE to watch for the garbage truck on Tuesday mornings. You look out the window and scream with delight as it picks up the cans. At this point in your life that looks like a dream job.
4. You also LOVE balls. Throw, kick, hit and chase - you are happy for hours with a ball.
5. You give great hugs and kisses.
6. You are quite attached to your Mama but when you want to have fun you want Daddy.
7. Before bed we read scriptures and have family prayer, this is your favorite evening event. As soon as we say time for scripture study you yell, "Yay! Scritures!" and run upstairs to get them out for everyone. You also like to say prayers and often pray for your toys (and once for the neighbor boys haha).
8. You are very talkative at home but can be "bashful" when we are around strangers.
9. You actually love to go to Nursery at church and play with their toys. Other kids may cry but you run right in.
10. No One, No One loves candy more than you! "Mom, canny? Mom, canny?" Trick-or-Treat was the best night of your life!





13 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

That looks like one stellar party!

Brandon and Cari (Sellers) Murdock said...

HAPPY BDAY ROMAN!!!! i'm so glad you posted the video. it made me feel like i was there. i think the clear favorite was the ball. he cracked me up when he said "outside". ha ha! he certainly knows what he likes. :) your girls are such great helpers and are so sweet to roman. i miss y'all so much!

kiki comin said...

oh my goodness. i think the way you described him reminds me just of MY boys...cars, bars and candy..what else is there in a boys life!ha! he is just too cute!

Donette said...

Oh what fun - love the video - Brady has watched it like 10 times now. Roman is such a sweetie pie - I just want to hug'm and kiss'm. I love how the girls totally decorated!
BTW - Your house looks cute.

Anonymous said...

So cute!! Happy Birthday to him!

Gazdik Family said...

He is so dang cute!! I lost my cell phone, but want you to know I have been wanting to call you!!!

OneMooreFamily said...

That was a fast two years and we loved getting to be at his party from the comfort of our home in Texas . . . wish we were really with you in Cali. He is beyond adorable, all boy and what wonderful sisters! I love your family!!

Donette said...

Oh - forgot to tell you how funny it is that he loves to watch the garbage man because Brady is deathly afraid of the garbage truck - He will ask me like everyday if it's garbage day. He can hear it coming a mile away and if he's outside and hears it he comes home as fast as he can or if he knows it's garbage day, he won't go play outside until he knows the garbage truck has already come = totally weird - not sure where this phobia comes from - but kind of funny too.

Jeff said...

Wow I can't believe he's already 2! We miss you all! Donette's right, your house does look so cute!

Ashlee

Katherine said...

Happy Birthday Roman! Such a cutie pie!!! The past 2 years have FLOWN by!

Katherine said...

I just watched the video, Dylan has that same green, plaid button down from Target. Lol. . .Twinners!

Juli Chan said...

Oh, he is so darn cute! Loved the videos and loved seeing how much the girls love their little brother.

The Teeples said...

What a cutie! I can't believe that he is two already. Where does the time go?

Miss you girl. Can't wait to see you soon.

Love ya