Sunday, June 14, 2009

California Dreamin'

For at least a year now the girls have said they want 3 things...no make that 4.

1. A bigger house. Well, this one isn't really much bigger, but it definitely feels bigger because of the yard.
2. A swimming pool. I don't know how we can ever live without one again.
3. A trampoline. We went back and forth on this one but in the end agreed that the kids would get a lot more exercise and outside playtime if we got one.....it arrived Monday and the kids were jumping on it by that evening.
4. Bunkbeds. Grandpa and Grandma Lunt confirmed that they have some in storage that we can bring back when we visit later this month. The girls are VERY excited.

Sweet. Their dream list is complete and we're getting the bonus of a visit from our super-best friends Laurie and Taylor! Don't be jealous Columbus but Curtis surprised Laurie with a trip out to visit us for her 30th. I don't know if I'll be able to sleep from now until Friday because I'm so excited. We've made a long list of fun things we want to do so hopefully I'll have some exciting posts coming up!

Here are our first pictures from life in California...

Ward Luau








Allie's holding a tiny little frog. She caught like 17 of them that day!!!
Kate and her cute little friend. This is at a friend's pool.



Our dream property...which costs a gazillion dollars but we can wish!

11 comments:

lisa h. said...

wonderful! i have the same wish list! i hope life in CA is great!

emilyy said...

I love the family pic at the Luau. So cute! Gald you are getting settled.

Donette said...

Man the life of a kid right? How cool is that to have all of your wishes come true! Just from the pics of the sky I can tell you guys are going to love Cali way more than OH. Cute pics! We're jealous of the tramp!

Marianne said...

Wow, they've got it all! Lucky kids! Wish we could come see your new place, Ethan would love to hang out in Cali...I think I would kinda like it too ;) . Oh, and I have to tell you, you have 3 beautiful girls, lol. (Roman's hair really is amazing.)

Holly Wilcox said...

California suits you guys. Looks like you are really enjoying it!

kiki comin said...

ahhh...such cute pics. glad all of their dreams came true so early on in life! glad you are doing well..tell laurie hi!

Laurie said...

I'm not sleeping till Friday either! A huge smile breaks out every time I think of our trip! Taylor and I are already starting to pack.

BTW, Taylor wants to get her ears pierced while we're out there. So we'll have to put that on the list of things to do! I think I'll text you about this one right now!

Gazdik Family said...

I wish all my dreams came true that quick!! (new roof, new carpet, new windows, a vacation...)
You all look as cute as you always did. Let us know when you build a house on that dream lot, we will be there!!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic pictures!! What a life!

Katherine said...

Looks so fun! We need to come visit. Can't wait to see you guys next week!!!

Mia said...

Hi! What a beautiful family you have! Awhile ago you posted a comment on my blog and I missed it somehow! I just found it. Thank you so much for coming by. You had asked who designed my blog- it is a fabulous woman from Restored 316 Designs. If you ever need her info let me know! Meanwhile I'm going to follow yours! Thanks!
Ashley