I know, I know, we've lived here two months and I'm just barely updating the blog about our move. I don't know how/when I'm going to get caught up!
So we started out in great spirits! I'm sure I over-packed the "fun" items for the car but I didn't want the girls to get bored as we drove across country. I found these awesome car art trays at WalMart - highly recommend them for long drives. Allie had a great idea to draw pictures of what she saw along the way. It turned out to be a really cute journal. I was so impressed with how many of our friends brought car gifts for our girls. Thank you so much, we definitely used them!
Day 1 we made it to Kansas City.
These were really cool to see! Really big.

Grandpa was nice to take the girls swimming at the hotel before we headed out again.

Day 2 we made it to Denver to visit Paul, Katherine, and Dylan. We all wished we could have stayed longer! Can't wait to see them in a few weeks though.
Day 3 we drove to Utah and were able to visit lots of family and friends! It was such a nice break in the trip. We reunited with Roman who seemed VERY confused by it all. He welcomed us back but definitely didn't seem like he missed us! lol It was fun to see all of the Lunt's and my niece Kayla...our "step-daughter" as we joke.

While Joan taught me how to make yummy homemade bread....




the girls got the "spa" treatment from their Aunties, and
Roman was occupied with dum-dums!
While we were in Utah we got to visit our dear friends, the Lewis' and Sundberg's. We love getting together with them any chance we can. Our kids are growing up so fast! When we became friends we only had Heidi, Allie, and Caden...now look at our group! Not to mention that since this picture Shannon had sweet baby Sarah Elizabeth....I KNOW!!!!! I can't wait to hold her, makes me cry every time I think of her and her amazing family! Love. Them.


I don't know if you can see it, but Heidi wrote "I Am So Happy" which described the day perfectly.




WHEW, we made it!!! The trip from Utah to California started out great, although I was very hesitant because Darin drove the Camry and I had to drive the kids in the Tahoe by myself. If you don't know, I'm VERY scared of heights and hate driving in the mountains. Well, when we got to Lake Tahoe the freeway was closed due to a standoff-hostage situation! YIKES! So, we decided to take back roads around the lake to get home. Wow, I pray that I NEVER have to do that again. Roman had been an angel the entire time until this....it added a few more hours to the trip because the roads were sooo steep, wet, and windy. Poor Roman threw up at least 3 times.....oh yah, gross. (Kate and Allie had both thrown up earlier in the trip...they were all carsick!) Anyway, the good news is that we made it and here we are in California and loving it!


Now I need to update what life has been like here!










4 comments:
We skied in Lake Tahoe when we lived in Monterey and our hotel was somewhere in those back roads around the lake and the entire time we were driving I thought we were going to "fall off the mountain" and it made Jake laugh...maybe it is b/c we grew up on flatter land?
I'm glad y'all made it safely! any tips? my girls are 2 & 1 I think we are DRIVING to TX in July...
Great post! I loved all the pics. I'm glad you made it safely. Can't wait to see more. =)
Oh my gosh girl, bless you for driving all that way by yourself with kids puking. I would have died. Those car trays look awesome. You are always prepared!
Glad you guys made it safe! What a long trip..so sad all the kids got sick. FUN you got to make some stops along the way to see family and friends though. Sure miss your cute girls and their hugs and smiles at church! Good luck to you guys!!!
Post a Comment