Sunday, August 22, 2010

Beach Bums, Back to School, and Baby Bumps

The summer is winding down and Baby Scarlett (yep!!!) will arrive before we know it. Thanks to Darin's sis and bro-in-law, we had an end-of-the-summer vacation at Huntington Beach. They have a beautiful beach house that accommodated a large crowd of Lunts! It was a perfect way to end the summer...Family+Beach+No Schedule = Heaven! Some of Darin's sisters and their families were able to come too...there is nothing like having cousins to play with! I wish I had taken pictures at the house with the other family members..seems like I only broke out the camera at the beach. Thanks again Robbie and Amy!

My cousin, Rhonda, lives in Southern California and was so awesome to bring her brood down to play with us at the beach. This is Kate, Chloe (Rhonda's daughter), and Allie.

All of our kids together...

Rhonda and me...I'm not sure if this picture does it justice but we look more like sisters than cousins. It's so funny how that happens sometimes! We hadn't seen each other in 10 years! At that time neither of us had kids, and now we both have 4 (well almost ;-)! I loved that we could just sit and talk for hours while the kids played, I love friends/family that you can pick right up with even if it's been a decade since you last got together!

Most of our beach time was spent with Darin's sister Donette and her family. This is Roman, Brady, and Kate. Donette's boys are just the right ages for our kids, they played all day and night until we forced them into bed!

Tyler dug a big hole for the kids. They ran and jumped in it, dug in it, and played until the tide came in and washed it away. They even found an extra friend (not sure who the little blonde girl is) along the way.

We went to an aquarium..can't remember the name. Ha But it was a lot of fun. The kids got to touch all kinds of starfish, stingrays, and other stuff...where was my camera for that?!
1st Day of School. Not sure why but everyone must take a picture in front of their door on the first day of school....this was actually after school because my camera wasn't working that morning. Happy to say that the girls are loving their teachers and we couldn't be happier with them either (lots of prayer that they would get the right one for them)! Oh, and yes I made them wear these outfits the 1st day, with the promise they could pick whatever they wanted after that. Ha!
She's coming.....

10 comments:

Katherine said...

So sad that we missed the beach trip. :( Glad you had fun. The girls looked so cute on their first day of school! And you still look great too! By that point in my pregnancy I was so swollen it was DISGUSTING. You look awesome-can't wait for the big day!! So excited for you guys.

Holly said...

Oh you look adorable!! Love your baby bump and great job on the girl's clothes. I'm glad they like their teachers.

Donette said...

Fun post = The girls are babes - as usual - and I'll be waiting on my B-day for the call that you've had Scarlett! Yah you are so close!

Unknown said...

You beautiful lady! I keep wondering when she will be here...cute beach pics.

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I'm in love with the name scarlett

Anonymous said...

So fun and cute! LOVE Scarlet!! Glad everybody's having fun in style!

Brandon and Cari (Sellers) Murdock said...

looks like an awesome summer! you look fabulous, by the way! ;) someday we're going to have to fly out there and visit y'all. we love and miss y'all so much!!!!!

Sarah Walton said...

Looking good Sarah!! Can't wait to see pics of little Scarlett! So fun you could squeeze in one last vacation before school and baby.

Ashley said...

The beach looks so fun, and you are the cutest pregnant mommy ever!!!

Kayla and Joshua said...

thats cool you and rhonda got to hang out!! i'm so jealous you went to the beach!!! looks like y'all had a blast!