I should say that it's MY official Change My Life Week. I decided to post this so I'll have to report in on my progress. What am I changing, you ask? First of all...I'm incorporating a new household cleaning scheduled. YAYYYY! (I can hear the cheers!) No, seriously this is big news. I have lots of excuses for why I need a schedule but basically I've been choosing "FUN" over "Chores" (boo) and apparently choosing "FUN" is not a good way to teach your children the importance of "Chores" (boo) .
Basics of my program : Do 4 chores each day (one is a rotating chore that I do once a month). Of course doing dishes doesn't count towards my 4 (boo).
So I just do 4 things a day and hopefully by the end of the week our house will be sparkling.
{Thanks to Carmel for giving me a copy of her schedule! Her house is inspiring, beautiful, organized, and clean!!!}
Another thing I'm doing is plan our menu in advance and prepare dinner during the afternoon, either crock-pot or something that can go in the fridge until it goes into the oven. (today is Enchiladas).
Also, I'm working on going to bed at 10 ...cringe and waking up at 6.... double cringe!
FINAL BIG ANNOUNCEMENT....I hereby promise to FINISH my Halloween T-shirt into a Skirt project for the girls that I've been working on (neglecting mostly) for a few weeks! I will post pictures next Monday. There, I said it and now I'm committed.
Please tell me I'm not the only one who struggles with time management, desire to clean toilets, and ability to finish projects in a timely manner???!!!!
Muahhh XOX, I'm off to do some laundry!

12 comments:
I totally do the dinner during the day thing!
I'd love to see your "chore chart"
you and i should have been twins! i have the exact same problem. (surprised, huh? ha ha!) i've talked about making a schedule, but i never even make it that far. :) good luck with it, though. i'm sure your house will be sparkling by the end of the week. you better post pics! (before and after maybe? ha ha!)
Okay. I had to check and make sure I was reading the right blog! I really thought you had the house cleaning down to a science. Well, it's good to know you are like the rest of us!
I can't wait to see the skirt project. Could you share your cleaning schedule too? I am always struggling with that as well. I work really hard (wear myself out) and clean everything once a week- but the other days everything is trashed.
flylady.net is a really good website with tips.
I have a feeling you'll get lots of comments on this because I'm guessing all of us feel that way! I sure do. Thanks for the motivation...I have 18 minutes till I should be in bed!
WTG Sarah! I love that picture up top. It's totally you. Y'all are the only women I know that can clean house and look fabulous doing it. =)
How inspiring!! My house certainly isn't the model of clean but I have a harder time being fun than cleaning. I need tips on having fun! Btw, I made the broccoli cheese soup and it was a HUGE hit!!
i really think you should post your schedule...i need one too...i never seem to get everything done, and then beat myself up over it!
Would you stop being so perfect! Here you go again making the rest of us look bad:)You are so good, but I'm with Monica - I am a much better cleaner than I am at being fun. If I could only drag myself out of bed earlier I could probably have time for it all.
I struggle with the same things. I only have one kid and I still can't keep my house clean. :( new sleeping schedule you are posing would be a really hard one for me. Let me know how that goes. . .
I hear you Sarah. There are days I think I really need to clean that room or scrub the toilets but then i just have other things that are more important. It always seems like my Saturdays are involved with the serious cleaning and laundry. Sad because that is my only day off of the week really. Oh well, I love your idea with the crock pot meals I need to do that more often.
By the way, Todd and I were commenting on how big Roman is getting. He is a big boy now, where did that time go?
Glad to hear you are doing a lot better. It was good talking to you on the phone the other day.
I'm so impressed! Yes, can't wait to hear how it's going! And can't wait to see the skirts and shirts!
Bed by 10? Boo!
First of all don't beat up on yourself! Remember no guilt! I am so glad you are "loving to hate" :) the chore chart I gave you. That thing has helped me stay organized through some crazy times. I have used it for the past 10 years and haven't seen another that has been as usefull. Love the skirts btw. Glad to hear you are all feeling better :)
Post a Comment