Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Travis
I've been thinking SO much about Travis and feel so sad that I didn't say more about how wonderful he was in my post. I miss him so much. He was the most brilliant person I've ever known. He was the perfect combination of book smarts and creativity. He was so witty and always made us laugh. I would tease him that he wasn't funny and that probably bothered him more than if someone told him he wasn't smart! He had the bluest eyes you've ever seen and I'm so glad that my kids have them too, it will always remind me of him. Travis had a very tender heart, as a kid he couldn't watch Bambi because it was too sad...as an adult his heart was just as sweet. He always watched out for the little kids when our family was together. Travis and I built countless clubhouses as kids, played legos for hours, dug tunnels through the sand and loved to catch "craw-dads" in our backyard. We'd then put them in our little swimming pool and make them fight (Travi's idea)! Travis once dug up a snapping turtle with his foot--thinking it was a rock; we were so grateful that it didn't hurt him! I know the memories will continue to flow as I join my family on Wednesday. The Funeral will be on Thursday at 2 pm at the Mormon church in Vidor, Texas.
Thank you all SO much for the kind posts, the phone calls, the emails, the prayers and the love. It is carrying me through at this time.
Love,
Sarah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
18 comments:
ALL YOUR WORDS ARE WONDERFUL. THANK YOU AGAIN FOR SHARING WITH US THROUGH THIS HARD TIME. JAKE AND I AND THE GIRLS FLY IN TOMORROW NIGHT.
Thank you so much Caroline! I can't wait to see your family, thanks SO much for coming!
Sarah:
My heart is so sad for you today. I hope you guys are doing okay and that your girls are doing okay with everything. This is so sad and I am so sorry for the sudden loss. We love you!
Sarah, what a beautiful person your brother is! I know he is very much alive still, in the care of his Heavenly Father. I am so sorry for your loss.
Your tribute to your brother is beautiful. We love you and your family and pray for you all at this time.
Sarah,
I am still in Utah and was just checking my email and blog and saw your post. I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine what you are going through right now. Please know you are in my prayers.
Sarah,
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. My heart aches for you and your family right now. Your words in your blog are lovely and I appreciate so much your testimony of the Savior. Please know that we are thinking of you and praying for you.
Love,
Carol
We are so sorry for your loss, Sarah. Hope this week is a comfort to you and your family. You are in our prayers.
sarah
I'm so sorry for you. Hugs, thoughts and prayers your way!
xo!
Thanks for the great pictures. I feel like I got to catch a glimpse of this amazing man. His legacy will live on! We love you and I hope you made it today without any problems. I am praying for you guys and I can't stop thinking about you. I hope tomorrow goes well.
these 2 posts are really touching, having those memories of your brother and your stong testimony will really help you through the tough times. I am so impressed by your family and how you followed the promptings of the spirit and fasted for your brother. i am sorry for your loss, we will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. --jami anderton--
Sarah,
Our love, thoughts, and prayers are with you and your family. I am so very sad for your loss.
Love, The Gignilliats
I am so sorry for your loss. Our family is thinking of you.
Kellie
What a special tribute to your brother. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
love,
Stacie
Oh, Sarah, I am so sorry. What a beautiful testimony and beautiful pictures. After talking with you last night, I was amazed at your strength, but please let us know what else we can do...
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and memories. What a wonderful tribute to your brother. Your strength and wisdom inspires us all.
Love,
The Elisons
I was so saddened to hear about the loss of your brother. I am so, so sorry! My heart completely goes out to you. What a powerful reminder of how precious life is. This must be such a hard time for you but you have such a beautiful outlook and testimony. I hope you're doing okay. You're in our thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Lindsey Swensen
Sarah, I look at Jill's, Cari's and your blogs about Travis often. Thank you for putting this together. I'll never cry all my tears and that's okay. I just like to remember.
I love you.
Post a Comment