Saturday, November 10, 2012

Ninjas Know How to Party!

Roman's 5th Birthday was on Wednesday!  Five years can fly by and at the same time can seem so far away.  I can remember holding this beautiful baby boy the day he was born.  I stared at him constantly.  I couldn't stop and I can only explain that it was surreal to have a "boy" - so different from my girls from the very beginning.  My heart was bursting and it still is!  I sure love this kid and his love of all things "boy"!  

Roman's current obsession is Ninjago - or Lego Ninjas.  It's a relatively new line of Legos and so there are NO party supplies available - but there are lots of creative gals on the Internet luckily.  I was able to purchase a file with these Ninjago eyes off Etsy.  This cake and gifts were for his family party.

There wasn't school on Friday so it was perfect timing for his friend party.  We only do friend parties on odd numbered birthdays - I love to put a lot into them and that's why we only do them every other year!  The party turned out really fun inspite of my last minute preparations. 

The red curtains were hanging in Roman's room before we changed the decor - perfect for Ninjago party.  I printed the Chinese symbol and just pinned it to the curtains.  "The Cake Ladies" made his yummy cake.  I found the picture idea on Pinterest.

These red Chinese take-out boxes are from the dollar store and the eyes are from Etsy.  The boys took their swag home in these.


This was in our entry way.  When the boys came in Roman greeted them saying, "Welcome to the Ninjago Temple of Light." and then he bowed.  He came up with that quote himself!  Then I put on their Ninjago head band with their name on it and their black belt and gave them their samurai.

Some two year-olds don't like to hear "It's not your birthday." when it's time to open gifts.  The solution is obviously to photobomb all gift opening pictures.


The boys went through Ninjago training to earn their Sensei Mustache...Okay, I found these really funny mustaches and had to incorporate them - but it worked and the boys looked hilariously tough!



Here's a video of the first part of training.  After this they painted a Chinese Star and then had to fight off Ninjago Trainers (helium balloons) to prove that they learned all of the skills of a brave Ninjago.  It was so fun to watch the boys take each challenge seriously.  They stayed in character and did their best.  I'm pretty sure Roman will never forget his 5th birthday party.  He's been blessed with great friends and it was a perfect day to celebrate with all of them!







Http://www.MaddieRoseDesignz.Etsy.com - Etsy store where I ordered Ninjago eyes.

5 comments:

Crystal Nelson said...

LOVE it! You did a fabulous job! I am like you and I don't throw a friend birthday party every year--but I only do it at five, eight, twelve, sixteen, and eighteen. I am impressed by everything you do Sara. You are amazing!

Britain said...

I love this! I may have to steal the ideas for my little guy on his next birthday. Super fun!!!

Kayla Robinson said...

This is the cutest thing ever!! I love the mustaches! hahaha Roman's greeting quote was awesome! SO clever! hahah

Monica said...

The BEST 5th birthday party ever! The mustaches are my favorite! Well, and the decorations and the cake and the activities and... It's ALL fabulous!!

Anita said...

cutest ninja party ever! you are such a fun mom. :)