High/Low
Low:
Let's just skip to the Highs, nobody likes whiners. ;-)
Highs:
My house is so clean! I think I'm suddenly addicted to keeping it clean because I love how it feels to enjoy life in a clean and organized space. It's not that I'm a hoarder or disgusting but keeping clutter picked up, dishes done, and toilets clean simultaneously doesn't happen very often anymore. It's a lot of work to keep it up but hopefully I'm on a roll! ;-)
Nothing makes me more proud as a mother than seeing one of my kids stand strong in the midst of "peer pressure", especially when they don't know I'm watching. Roman was playing outside with some neighbor boys. Let me just say they are really great kids and I feel so grateful that Roman has good friends to play with - he needs some boy time! Anyway, I looked outside and saw Roman standing at the edge of our property with no sight of the other two. I suddenly saw their heads pop up from the neighbors yard. Our backyard neighbors (about an acre or so is between our yards) have a large pit in their back yard...I don't really know how to describe it but it's a big grassy-empty-pond??? The boys were playing in it while Roman stood back telling them not to do it. They were having a great time rolling down the hill. I called Roman over and asked him why he didn't join in and he said, "Because we're not allowed to go over there." I hugged him and told him that I'm proud of him for choosing the right even when I wasn't there. I then told his little friends that we shouldn't go in the other neighbors yard without asking and they quickly ran to our house to finish playing. Maybe it seems small or silly but I was very proud of Roman.
Scarlett is talking like a boss. Really. For example, Darin and I were talking and she started hitting the counter top and yelled, "Mom! Mom! I talking to you!" As I cleaned up her mess the next day I reminded her, "Say thank you Mom, you're the best." She looked up at me and said, "No Mom, I da best!" LOL My kids are really lacking in self-esteem.
![]() |
| Kate got her braces off! |
Allie was able to go to Camp Kern (inspite of my nerves)! Fifth graders go to a YMCA camp through school for two and a half days. They get to do lots of cool things like hiking, canoeing, archery, rock climbing and much more. She had a blast! Allie's also great at coming home and getting her homework done immediately...mostly because she can't wait to finish her Harry Potter books. I think she's on the 4th in a very short amount of time! I love that she has a passion for books!
Darin, ahhhh Darin. In all honesty I'm so happy for him because he finally has great friends to golf with! I know someday I might complain about him being gone but for now I really think he deserves a break. He comes home so happy after a day of golf and says, "Just so you know, I love golf!" LOL It's the perfect way for him to unwind from all the stress of running his practice (wow, that's a lot of stress!)! The practice is going well though. I think we have really high expectations so it's hard to keep that in perspective sometimes...it's easy to be disappointed when you expect the moon. Soooo, we are already doing better this fall than we were last year and I'm very grateful for Darin's hard work and for the Lord's blessings! (PS - He only golfs about once a week.)
Me....well, I already talked about the house BUT I also ran today which I haven't done in a while. Even a 20 minute run is better therapy for me than anything I can imagine. I must be very sensitve to endorphins because the whole day went better than any day has in the past few weeks...gotta remember to go for a run every morning! Darin calls it my "happy pill" and I know he's right! Also, if you haven't noticed I really love exclamation points, like REALLY!!! ;-)
I promise to update again very soon...lots going on!




6 comments:
I loved the update! I enjoy running more than I ever thought I would. Great update! It sounds like all is going well. If Jake ever opens his own law practice I'd love to have some advice :) Great pictures!
Hahahah Love all the !!!!!!!!'s hahaha. That's so cute Roman was doing the right thing, but all your kids are VERY well behaved so don't be surprised! Scarlett and her little attitude, i love it! She is the best and don't you forget it. hahah Kate looks so good wihtout her braces! She is so sweet! And Allie is growing wayyy to fast, what happened to the little girl who use to say "Kaylaaaaaaa time to wake uuuuppp" hahhaha I wish I had all the videos and pictures I took of her when I stayed with y'all. When she acted like a dinosaur, hahahahhaha!!!! Love and miss y'all! P.s. we will be visitng the week before thanksgiving!
So impressive! Looks like you and Jill are both living charmed lives. Hope we get to come visit soon. :D
Oh! So fun! Such a cute family! Tim can't believe how big Scarlett is-haha, he hasn't seen her since she was a baby! Excited to see you soon!
I love hearing about all your cute kids! I'm glad you're feeling well enough to run- that's awesome! Keep us posted on all the juicy details of your amazing family! ;) Love and miss you!!
So great to see an update from you! First off, congrats on baby #5 on the way! That is so dang exciting! Whens the due date?! Your kiddos are just so cute. Glad you hear you're all doing well! Kudos to you for keeping an organized house. Some days i feel like when i clean up....it's like shoveling the driveway while the blizzard is still happening! I wish brett had some golf buddies...that's probably the thing he misses most about dental school! glad all is well with you guys! xo
Post a Comment