Monday, May 21, 2012

So aren't you moving????

The past five + weeks have dragged on like no other time in my life!  I could write a book about it but I'll just break it down to the highlights.
  • Landlord emails while we are on vacation in Texas and says he has orders (civilian working for military) to move back to Ohio and we need to move out in 30 days. 
  • Load family up next day and rush back to Ohio to start looking for a new house - decide to buy so this won't happen again.  This will be our 5th house in 5 years!
  • Immediately start looking at new houses. 
  • Fall in LOVE with dream house (Kate doesn't know but her BFF would have been our next door neighbor).
  • Put in offer but house is For Sale By Owner so we make the offer contingent on appraisal.
  • Appraisal takes an ETERNITY to come in but comes in under our original offer.
  • Now offer full appraised value.
  • Wait.
  • Buyer refuses to accept appraised value and won't sell.
  • Sad, confused...very, very confused.
BUT...did I mention that while bullet number 6 is happening our landlord calls to say, "Nevermind, now they are sending us to Maryland.  You can stay in the house."

Crazy?  Yes, very crazy.
I turned this over to the Lord in the beginning and said, "This is happening for a reason."  I thought the reason was that we were getting our dream house....eh, that's not it.
The current lesson from this exhausting trial is...
  • to be happy in the life that we were already happy in before this got dangled in front of us. 
  • to have faith in the Lord and His timing.
  • to recognize the Lord's blessings in all area's of our life and not the material.
  • and I'm sure there are lots more.
I am thankful that I don't have to pack things up...but still processing and a little bit sad about the death of a dream I had not yet dared to dream.

so what do we have to complain about???.....

Kids with Grandpa and Grandma Sellers in Texas

6 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

it's like you have to live the military life but not be in the military!
crazy crazy crazy
cute pic of your kids in TX!

Monica said...

You just didn't know how much you LOVE riding rollercoasters! Those thrilling ups and downs keep everything so exciting. I'm sure the Lord just wanted to give you a thrill ride. ;)

cheeks said...

wow, that's a lot of craziness.... thank goodness you hadn't already packed your boxes when you got the phone call from the landlord! BUT, if he calls you back and says plans changed again and he wants the house, you might have to tell him no! haha!

Makes me a bit nervous...the house we're renting is a military couple's who got a 4 yr assignment in Germany. Sure hope we don't get a surprise phone call like that...pretty sure I couldn't handle it with the grace you did!!

Unknown said...

Goodness girl. You sure teach all of us a lot through your experiences. Sure miss you guys!

Robin said...

My stress level raised just reading about it...not fun at all!

Shannon Sundberg said...

So glad to see a post. Thanks for always teaching me so much. Does this mean you can squeeze a trip in to Utah this summer? We miss all of you so much!