Sunday, September 4, 2011

Our week in review - Kate's new look, Home Depot Fun

  I fondly remember my mom or dad coming to the school to have lunch with me - I thought I was the coolest kid ever on those occasions.  Darin had a day off so I had lunch with Allie - it was fun being on the other end of it.  I'm looking forward to eating with Kate this week!
 Speaking of Kate.....see her "before"
 and "after"  Can you believe she already has braces?!  She looks adorable in them!
  Saturday morning I went in the kitchen and there was Allie dressed and ready to go, quickly getting food for the little ones.  I asked her where she was going and she said, "Home Depot of course.  It's the first Saturday of the month!!!"  Darin and I gave each other an "uh-oh" look and then told her that Darin had tickets to the OSU football game and so we couldn't go.  She immediately looked at me and said, "But Mom can take us." 
   Whoah...what did she just say?  Do I look like the kind of mom that takes four kids to Home Depot...ALONE...to do a woodworking project?! 
Well apparently I do...and we had a blast. 
Allie jumped right in and had 1/2 of her project completed before I even had the instructions out.  The kids loved the project and came right home to paint them..oops, need pics of that. 
 
The kids made cute white boards - perfect for love notes!
It was a fun beginning to our Labor Day weekend.

PS - You still have time to vote.  Head over to http://blog.shabbyapple.com/2011/08/final-destination.html and vote for my dress, #4.  If you already voted but someone else in your household wants to vote - you'll have to find another computer OR delete your cookies and then vote again.  I'm not promoting fake votes though - IF I win, I don't want to do it by cheating.  I think the results come out the 14th!

5 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

When I do things with my four kids ALONE I feel like I conquered the world. Strollers are lifesavers.
You always look so pretty. I've got to try and do better with That. Please share where you get all your dresses, I LOVE gray.

Jill said...

How fun! I love Kate's braces- she looks so grown up ;)

I hope you're enjoying Labor Day!

Kayla and Joshua said...

Oh how fun! Kate looks even more grown up!! That doesn't surprise me about Allie getting her project half way done before they even started! haha I went to one of those when I was younger and it was somuch fun! Props to you for taking them!!

Krystal Trapnell said...

At least you don't have to pay for braces!

Donette said...

you are a brave brave soul - my kids would have died and gone to heaven if I took them do HD for that. That's why you are the fun mom.
Darin just couldn't wait to get his hands on poor Kate huh? Hope she is adjusting well to the braces.