Thursday, September 15, 2011

And the winner is...

not me.  But that's okay!  Really, I'm just excited that I made the dress and it was selected as top 15.  I guess that means I'm more of a couture designer and not one for the masses. ;-) haha

I learned a lot through this process.  First, it's important to have dreams, goals, and interests outside of the normal routine - that's what gives life its zest!  Second, I learned that there are a lot of awesome people in my life who are so supportive - great cheerleaders!  I'm amazed at how kind others can be - even those that I don't get a chance to spend a lot of time with.  Love you guys!  Third, I learned that there are some people who I thought would be supportive but they just disappeared...I've heard it said that you know who your friends are when the going gets tough, but I think you know who your friends are when the going gets good.  When you're on top, some people will cheer you on while others feel that their silence is power over you.  Do you know what I mean?  Like I said, I learned a lot and I'm excited to make some more dresses. 

Have you ever read the book, "The Hundred Dresses"?  It's my favorite!!!  It has been since I was a little girl.  I think I might be Wanda...I have a Hundred Dresses living in my head...and they need a home so we'll see what the next chapter is for me.

Thank you soooo, soooo much for all your support - you've meant the world to me.

Muah, Sarah

11 comments:

Jill said...

Sarah- you are definitely a couture designer! Not winning this doesn't define who you are or what you're capable of. I'm so proud of you for being brave enough to enter the contest- you did an amazing job and I know there is no way you're going to stop now! I'll have to read The Hundred Dresses. I'm sure there are more than a few in your head that I would buy! ;)

Thanks for sharing this and for setting such a great example! I love you! Call ME!!

Kayla and Joshua said...

Aww i'm sorry you didn't win. But I am so glad you learned so much though. I hope I was considered one of those "cheerleaders" cause I really did try my hardest to vote for you and to get other too. I'm with Jill though, kudos for entering! I'm sure it's tough entering something you hand made into a contest. Keep up the good work and soon enough we shall be sewing together! :)

jkhuber said...

I'm shocked! I thought for sure your dress would take the title! It was definitely the cutest one in the running. I think you are incredibly talented and this only leaves you open to move on to bigger and better! ~Kristen

Monica said...

Yours was still the best! I think drawings were cheating. Who knows what it would've looked like on a less than stick person? Stick drawings are not design. Actual fabric on real people is design. I can't wait to see your hundred dresses when you finish them!!!

Annie said...

I voted for you! Congratulations Sarah. Even without winning this is a huge accomplishment and you should be very proud. Great job.

The Teeples said...

I loved voting for yours cause I truly did like yours the best! You amaze me all the time girl! You do so much and are definitely an example of one who goes for her dreams!

Keep at it!

Love ya

Ryan said...

I am shocked. Yours was by far the best. I love your quote: "When you're on top, some people will cheer you on while others feel that their silence is power over you". I am going to have to steal that. I am sure that great things await you, keep following your dreams. You are an inspiration!

Emily Jensen said...

Sorry didn't realize Ry was signed in.

kiki comin said...

So sorry you didn't win. Your dress was by far my fav. BUT you are right..just keep dreaming and doing and soon they will all notice.:) you are amazing.

Emily Springer said...

You definitely need to enter more contests me thinks. it would give you deadlines and be a great learning experience and creative outlet

Margo said...

I am finally getting caught up on reading blogs. I am so sad your dress did not win. I think we should demand a recount. You are so talented and I hope you continue to bless everyone with your awesomeness. Have a wonderful weekend...Margo