Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Pinteresting Back To School Party & Back to School Pics

I never look forward to the end of summer and the beginning of the school year.  I love our lazy summer days and free schedule, but I'm so thankful for the great school that my kids attend and their excited attitudes towards school.  I thought it would be fun to have a big party to get excited about the school year. Then...

a week or so ago I saw this beautiful picture on Pinterest and thought, hey I want to do that! 

Of course, not the Pottery Barn version - but the let's rig it up/figure it out version.  I told Darin my idea and he said that if I could find a projector we could do it.  One facebook post and a great friend later, I had a projector.  (I don't think Darin was expecting that.)  I told Darin my ideas for the screen and he said, "Let's try it out."  1 king size sheet, a trip to HomeDepot for pipe, a little yarn, a trampoline, a friend's popcorn popper, another Facebook posting - invite...and 100 people later we had a SUPER FUN BACK-TO-SCHOOL PARTY! 






It got too dark to take more pictures when everyone was there, but it was really fun to get to know people from church and our neighborhood better.  Thanks everyone who came!  Now I want a projector for Christmas..I can see this as a monthly activity next summer!

The big girls started back to school today.  They were SOOO excited and that made it really easy for me to let them go.  I actually couldn't sleep last night - haha, just like when I was a kid and it was the night before school started.  I'm feeling a little bad for Allie because she had her spider angioma lasered off yesterday (red mark on her face) and now she has a big bruise.  She didn't seem to let it bother her and even came up with some funny lines for anyone who asked about it...."Fought off a burglar." or "Got in a fight with Big Foot." or "Do you get the paper?" and shrug and walk off.   Cute girl!  Regardless of the bruise, both girls looked beautiful and energetic to start school!  Allie is in 4th, and Kate in 2nd.



Wish I had a picture of Scarlett BUT I do have some cute videos to upload tomorrow...she's walking! and it's adorable!!!

Thank you to anyone who has voted for me, and if you haven't there's still time. ;-) I'm #4.

9 comments:

Kayla and Joshua said...

Oh I LOVE it! Such a fun idea!! When we come visit can we do that too?? Oh I just think that looks like SO much fun!!!!!

Tell the girls they look B-e-a-utiful! I had to laugh at the picture of Roman...haha. It seems that's the only way he knows how to pose for pictures. SO presh.

Love you and hopefully see you in a few weeks! (As long as Target cooperate with Josh. mwahaha)

Cassie L. said...

So fun Sarah! I loved that pic and pinned it too. Just thought I would have to wait for the money to come flying our way to get a projector....didn't think of just asking on Facebook. Stellar idea. And 100 people! Wow!!!!

Ariel said...

lol Sarah, I found the same picture online and downloaded it because it made me dream... What a fun way to celebrate the beginning of the school year! I love that whenever you see something you like, you dream it, then you make it happen :)

Heather said...

I totally voted, and would've picked yours even if I didn't know you. Love your back to school party, I've really been wanting to do the outdoor movie party . . . I wonder who in Spokane has one.

Monica said...

So, yea, I was going to like do that same party and, um, mine was going to have probably 500 people and my projector was going to be twice as big and my popcorn was going to be extra butter so, yea, and then I woke up in a TX heat wave so....lol jk. What a fabulous, terrific Sarah kind of idea!! I'm sure it was at least as fun as it looks.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! how fun!!!

Jill said...

How fun! I love the movie theater! We miss your family- so we love seeing updated pictures of your cute kids. Can't wait to see Scarlett walking! (Oh- I voted the first day and I've tried since but it says Thank You for taking this survey. Does that mean we can only vote once?)

Love you!

Sarah Walton said...

Sarah!! How are you guys?!? Doing great, it looks like:) LOVE the back to school party idea! So fun. Looks like you live in a really fun neighborhood. And the dress you made?? AMAZING!! I haven't gone over and voted yet, but I promise I will . . . right now:)

Jennifer said...

The party looked like a blast! Wish we could have been there!