I've taken quite a hiatus from blogging! It seems that every time I take a break, it's because I have something big to share but I don't know how/don't want to share it?!
K...here goes...
Our time in the Sunshine State has come to an end. We've LOVED living here more than we ever thought possible, but then again we've loved every place we've ever lived more than we imagined. And that thought is what is carrying us through....
Because we are moving to Dayton, OH. Yep. (No, it's not April 1st - this is the truth!)
To make a long story short - things didn't work out here (we're on good terms with the Orthodontist here but financially it didn't work out.) We searched HIGH and LOW all over the country for a practice. We hoped to move closer to family but alas, nothing seemed to work out. The practice in Dayton kept staring us in the face and we kept saying...nahhh, let's look in Texas again. But that was not meant to be. So we flew to Dayton (leaving 65 degrees here to 12 degrees there) and met with the Dr. and saw the offices. We came home and prayed and prayed and prayed and we're still praying but during the first set of prayers we got answers and are feeling good about this decision. We're just sad to leave our friends (especially our best friend, the sun) and to drive back across the country. The funny thing is, I DISTINCTLY remember saying to Darin as we drove out to Cali, "Well, I guess we'll never make this drive again!" HAHA
Some interesting facts....
1. We still have Ohio license plates.
2. I still have an Ohio driver's license.
3. Scarlett
4. We never changed our pic over there on the right. (just up a bit)
Coincidence? You tell me. ;-)
To answer some of your questions:
1. How are the kids handling it?
GREAT! They are super excited to go back to the Columbus Zoo and COSI! They are such troopers, and they are at a great age to move!
2. When are we leaving??
Good question. We're still in the negotiating phase, so maybe 2 - 3 months?
3. Are we still accepting visitors in Cali?
Yes! (but you'd better hurry!)
4. Are we accepting visitors in Ohio?
Yes! Dayton has some great attractions...like King's Island (theme park), Aerospace Museum, and us! I hear it's lovely at Thanksgiving ;-)
This has been a long journey and it hasn't even really started yet! We love you and hope to see you all soon...in Dayton of course ;-)!
Hugs (and tears),
The TexCaliAZUteOH Lunts
"Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for the future that only He can see." -Corrie ten Boom
23 comments:
I have been so anxious to find out what the plan was but certainly didn't want to bother you. I am thrilled that you have had your prayers answered and most importantly that you have been able to find peace. So how about coming to Utah for an extended vacation before you go? We would absolutely love to see you and I would love to come visit you in Ohio. I am still so homesick for that place. We will continue to pray for you and I am so glad you have something to look forward to. We love you!
Wow! So many places that have been blessed to have the Lunts! Wishing you luck...sounds like an awesome new adventure!
i hear ya on thinking i'd never live in ohio on a permanent basis but here we are...i actually don't mind, thought the winters are loooonggg! We'll have to meet up some time. congrats!
wow that is big news!! how funny...we're SO sad to leave Ohio and go to sunny Florida! haha...oh I would move back to Ohio in a heartbeat in 3 yrs if Joe gets a good job offer. That is so crazy to be moving back...Jared & Jessica Anderson just moved back here in Aug and Mike & Elise Shirly are moving back here in June! so see, it's fate! I hope the move goes well! oh hello! and mark Sept 24th on your calendar and you can come to Hilliard for the 2011 Constitution Week Columbus Fair! I think I'm going to be flying back from FL to go to it!
Hooray! It will be so fun to have you living close again! Let me know if we can do anything to help as the move gets closer!
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! sarah! maybe all those things you listed aren't a coincidence at all! :) well...the one thing i'm most sad about is us leaving when you're headed back! yes, leaving the sunshine will probably be hard, but you'll be coming back at a good time of year here....and at least you know you'll love the area!! I wish you the best with the move! keep us posted....hopefully we'll get to see you before we head out! xoxo
Wow, that is big news! Good luck with everything! You deserve a little stability!
You have an amazing attitude!! Which is sooooo essential. When we moved from Ohio (home) to CT I had the worst attitude=worst experiance. I learned then that it doesn't matter where you live, your attitude makes you or breaks you! So your off to a good start! Haha your not the first OSU dental school family to leave thinking never to return, only to find their way back! Remember the Cook's???? I was actually working for the orthodontist, when he announced he was bringing in a new guy and I was all, that sounds familiar!! I guess they are really happy now! Well, we have two dentisit in our ward...I just texted one, she said they just hired another guy from Cali ;( But If you want I can keep asking around?? We do sunshine here ;)And it would be super fun to have you around!! I had not read your blog in a LONG time! SO fun! Your sewing projects are amazingly cute! Are you selling any of those on etsy, cause I'd be a buyer!! I'm so sorry about your cancer scare!!! You are a warrior mom!!! So happy you are ok!!! Oh, and nursing ugh....I guess its worked out, but I went through he$$ and back to get here, exclusively pumped for 2.5 months till she was big and awake enough...then building up the ol supply...I'm so sorry! I just thank modern day technology cause if I was a pioneer woman I'm scared my babies would wither away!! YOU are so beautiful! I look at you and see a Texan bombshell! I wish yall the best of luck!!
oh my goodness..i am so happy for you guys. so hard leaving places, and yet, we have SUCH good feelings still about ohio, that i really am excited for you. I agree with jess, anywhere you guys go, they are lucky to have you guys.:)
Wow Sarah! That's amazing! I'm so happy for you guys! And completely jealous. Think of the HUGE home you'll be able to buy compared to here! :) That alone is worth it, plus the other things, like all the amazing people we know there, the great family amenities, the buckeyes, etc. You should call Nollie. They lived in Dayton for a while and she might able to give you a good idea as to where you should look. Congrats again! (P.S. I'm really bummed it's not Santa Barabara!)
WOw! How exciting and crazy at the same time. While we enjoyed our time in Ohio, and especially the ward there, I really hope we only go back to visit and watch football. But who knows where life will take us once Corey graduates chiropractic school--we could be in your same boat! Best wishes!
I was really hoping Texas but I know firsthand prayers aren't always answered the way we think or want but they are answered. Never thought I would be a Texan and now I love TEXAS. Jealous of you being closer to the buckeyes. By the way Ben wanted to name our next girl Scarlett for the same reason---Ohio. I will have to tell him you beat us to it. Love ya
I said the same thing to Jason when we left Ohio--"We will never be making that drive again" and then we were back 3 years later and never thought we would be in the Midwest this long. There are worse places to live right??? We are so excited for you and it has to be nice to know you're going to have a solid, predictable future. If you need a place to stay on your way out or need to take a pit stop give us a call.
WOW!! This is so exciting, Sarah. I am so excited for you and your sweet family. Ohio is the greatest. Keep us updated on your adventures! :)
Oh.. and I just remembered.. My cousin and her family just recently moved from Dayton after living there for a couple of years. I can give you her info. if you want.
Sarah, amazing how things happen, isn't it? Well, we're bummed you guys won't be in our neck of the woods anymore . . . but excited for you and wish you all the best of luck!!! We HAVE to get together before you leave!!!!
Rachel's and My family are from the Dayton area, so if you need any tips on the area, you should talk to us :) Life sure does bring unexpected changes!
I'm so sad that we will just be missing each other. Sounds like another exciting adventure for the Lunt family. Wish you guys the best of luck and please let us know if there is anything we can do to help. xo
Yippee for us!!! We welcome you back with open arms. I am sorry for the big change and move but we just go where we are suppose to go right? easier said that done but you guys have the right attitude.
I just can't wait for you to meet little Tatum, she is already 9 months old and I can't wait to meet sweet Scarlett. We will have to come to the air force museum again and see you guys. we have only been there once and liked it. Todd is really interested since he is in the air force.
Love you and glad I clicked on your blog. We look forward to having you back this way.
Oh wow, crazy how things turn out sometimes. We are so excited to have you back even if it isn't right in the neighborhood! So happy for you and that things are working out, you have such a great attitude!
By the way, (per our VT conversation this morning, where I referenced you blog...) I'm not stalking you, I just saw a link to your blog on your facebook so I checked it out. Couldn't resist. :) Your family will truly be missed, but I know that you guys have faith and confidence that the Lord is guiding you!
Anxious for an update. I will call you right now!
Sarah:
None of the phone numbers that I have for you are working and neither is the email. If you get a chance please call me back. I'll try a facebook post as well with hopes that we will connect. We definitely want to see you.
Post a Comment