Hope is the anticipation that the outcome will be good.
Worry is the anticipation that the outcome will be bad.
Faith is the anticipation that whatever the outcome, it will be for our good. - Anon.
Worry is the anticipation that the outcome will be bad.
Faith is the anticipation that whatever the outcome, it will be for our good. - Anon.
Got some bad news Friday - Melanoma. I hate that word. Like really, that is an ugly word just like the word mole..eww. I don't like saying either of those words. Anywho..the 'mole' was removed but I have to go back in two weeks to have more skin cut away to see if they got it all. The Doctor removed 3 more moles though and that has me a tad worried...well at times I get overwhelmed by anxiety and worry but then I try really, really hard to lean into my faith and find peace. Darin gave me a blessing (a special prayer) that really brought me peace and faith that all will be well. I LOVE that feeling when Heavenly Father answers your prayer and your worries melt away and you feel peace flow over you. I know that waiting for the results of the other 3 moles will be the hardest part, it will take about 2 weeks and that seems like an eternity away. Patience, real patience is such a gift and I'm grateful for it because the option is to indulge in worry and anxiety...I hate those feelings but by nature I am inclined to be anxious. So the next two weeks will be a wonderful opportunity to feel patient peace...to reflect on that blessing and to grow closer to my Savior and to my family. My hugs will linger, my prayers will be longer, and I will find time for all the things that I put off for 'another day'. Yes, things get put into perspective quite quickly don't they.
We've had some good news around here too...
We've had some good news around here too...
Allie was sooo excited and apparently "All of the girls in my class followed me into the bathroom after lunch (the day she got the braces on) just to watch me brush my teeth!" It's all she's talked about for days now ;-)!
Also, Kate is wiggling that other upper tooth and it should be out just in time to make it on her Christmas list..."All I Want for Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth. "
The Buckeyes Won Yesterday! (Sorry if you're offended by this pic, but it had me laughing out loud and running for my camera...die hard fan I tell ya!)
And then there's this beauty who has me wanting to forget the dishes and laundry to just cuddle on the couch...Heavenly.
...Home can be a Heaven on Earth.
This video is exactly what I need to hear daily!
15 comments:
Oh, Sarah, we'll be thinking of and praying for you too. I know the exact feeling you're speaking of and love how you described it!
That little scarlett is too cute and reminds me of a little girl-version of roman.
Oh Sarah, your outlook is inspiring. The way you write is wonderful. Thank you for sharing this with us and teaching us what you learn as you go through this.
I LOVE the bathroom picture. CUTEST CUTEST ever!
sarah we are praying for you....i hope the next 2 weeks pass quickly for you :) i don't blame you one bit for wanting to snuggle that little angel! she's so cute! and great pic of roman!! i love it!
Thinking about you...I hate that word too. My cousin had a mole come back as stage 1B melanoma just this summer and had to have another surgery to take out more skin and take out the sentinel nodes to make sure it didn't spread to her lymph nodes. They ended up getting it all and she is cancer free, but that waiting period was the hardest. Hope these next few weeks go by quickly. And makes me think I need to stop putting off going in myself to get checked. Melanoma runs in my family. And love your quote on hope and faith. And how cute are your kids. Can't believe Allie is ready for a full set of braces! I miss working on those kids that age that are SO excited to get their braces and show them off to all their friends.
I don't like that word either! Hope it all goes well, and you've got me thinking I should go get all my moles removed!
sorry to hear about the stress and worry. I'm glad Darin could give you a blessing. your kids are so cute! glad to see you have some buckeye gear for Roman!
Oh my Goodness Beautiful. I swear I disregard blogs for a short time and my friends are in need. I love you girl and you will definitely be in my prayers. We all don't like any word that is associated with the "C" word. Thanks for reminding all of us to appreciate life a little more. Your the best.
Sarah:
I have had you on my mind a lot lately. I am sorry to hear about your recent stress. Please know that our family will be praying for you. We love you and I am so happy to see some new pictures of your beautiful family. We are sure missing you. Please give all of the kiddos a big hug from me.
What a great post, Sarah.
You face your fear and still are able to touch us and strengthen us.
Thank you for sharing this moment with us. I have a feeling that as many of us who read this go through our own hardships, we will remember this post and be stronger in our faith for this.
Love you and think of you ALWAYS.
(3 moles can't beat 4 beautiful children and a hunk of a husband you have!! I still chuckle about the joke that went back and forth between your hubby and my kids about HIS 6 packs!!)
Aww Allie is so cute with Braces!!! Tell her I love them. And tell Kate congrats on loosing the tooth! I'm glad Allie's excited about the braecs! hahah
Oh I wanted to tell you...This guy came into my work wearing an Ohio State shirt and I asked if he was obsessed with the buckeyes and he said yeah kinda..and i laughed and said kinda? And I said are you obsessed with Brutus...and he said it's te wallpaper on my phone! Hahah OBSESSED! :) I thought of you and Darin! lol So I had to share! Love you!!!
sarah, i love you so much! this too shall pass. you have your beautiful family, your faith, and the rest of us crazy family members on your side, as well as tons of friends. with so many prayers going up for you, i just know they will be answered. just remember that as much as we all love you Heavenly Father loves you infinitely more. i tried to call you this evening and left you a vm. just call or text when you have a chance. oh, and congratulate allie on her braces and kate on her nice window smile! ;) they both look adorable! the pic of roman had me laughing hysterically and sweet little scarlett is absolutely gorgeous. wonderful photography, too! love you!!!
Sarah we're praying for you and hope to talk to you soon! I'm so lucky to have you as an adopted sister :) I look up to you and want you to know I'm here for you if you need anything!
Sarah! I'm sorry about your bad news! You will be in my prayers and know that I love you! You better give us an update after these two long weeks!!!
xo
Sarah my love you are in our prayers too. You are such a strength in my life. I am SO lucky to have known you since I was 16 years old. Hang in there.
Love Ally's braces and Kate's missing tooth. Can't get enough of Roman's toilet picture, Todd has one just like that with a helmet when he was young too. And precious Scarlett is so sweet.
I too haven't been on my friends blogs in a while. Love you dear!!
Hi Sarah. So sorry to hear this news! I hope test results come out ok...we will pray for you. Congrats on Scarlett, she is beautiful!
Post a Comment