This pregnancy is definitely bringing it own challenges...I'll try not to complain because I know that no one really cares BUT here are some great laughs that have come from my "troubles"!
Seriously, don't EVER say this to a pregnant lady (who happens to be your wife, mother, or friend)!
What's that on your chin? - Allie
An "ouchy" - Me
Both of them? - Allie
Yes, Allie. - Me
They look like zits. - Allie
{shrug} They are. - Me
What's a zit? - Kate
Just like a sore on your face. - Me
Oh. - Kate
Next day as I'm cutting up Roman's breakfast and apparently leaning in too close he says as he points to the "ouchies" on my chin, "One, Two, Three, Four, Five..."
Good thing he's cute, I laughed.
Next day....Kate and Allie are watching TV. A commercial comes on and Kate says, "Mom, you need that." I look up to see a commercial for Proactiv. Yep, feeling good now.
Somewhere in the mix Darin says..."So do you think you're bigger this time than you were with the others?" I reply, "Yep." He says, "Ya, I thought so." Awesomeness!
Days earlier a friend says, "Sorry I gave you a double-take, I just forgot that you were pregnant."
I will now hide out in my room until the baby is born and all nastiness has melted away.
13 comments:
sarah, i'm sure you are still as gorgeous as ever!!! i can sympathize w/ you....my face totally broke out when i was prego. i even had a patient ask me if i had chicken pox....i wanted to kill her, then cry myself to sleep!
at least we can find humor in it though, right?!?! i'm so sad i didn't get to see you while you visited :( hopefully sometime we'll meet up again! xoxo
ha! joe told me the other day I was already huge...thanks honey. I still have 3 more months! oh well. I told him just cause he's my husband doesn't allow him to say anything he wants :)
i am positive you look radiant, as always. don't you love some of those lovely "benefits" of being pregnant! and just be glad that you are one of those lucky ones where those pounds actually do melt away.:)
Well, when your kids have never ever seen any zits on your face ever before they might notice the occasional pregnancy ones. :) It's too bad you aren't out here...you could see me at my 14 weeks and feel real good about your tummy size. Guarantee it.
Those comments are funny only because you happen to be actually really beautiful. If you really had some issues, well....no one iwll be commenting!!
Thanks for the laugh. I'm sure you still look gorgeous as ever. Post a pic of your belly!
Cracking up!! I know, I know, it's the worst! If it makes you feel any better I've started getting the "So, you're having twins?" comments. Love those. Can't get enough! It's what makes going out into public a joy.
that really cracked me up! if it makes you feel any better, i'm having the same problem and i'm not even preggo. i think it has something to do with the fact that i'm back in school. my face is trying to make me fit in better or something. :)
Amen sister about the zit part. I feel like I am going through peuberty again only you can treat them with anything except washing your face and trying SO hard not to pick at them.
Kids can almost be TOO honest sometimes even though they are completely innocent.
It's all worth it in the end when you hold that little new born.
Hahahaha! I love it! Especially Darin's conversation with you! Totally cracking up! I bet you'll join me when I say to Johnny- "This baby better be worth it!" j/k, sort-of. I've been such a recluse, hardly anyone sees me and when they do I'm sure they'll do a double-take cause I'm totally showing. As Darin would say, "I'm bigger this time than I was with the others." *sigh*
Oh, I love it!! The joys of pregnancy:) Well, I'm not pregnant anymore, and the other day Annie said to me, "Mom, it still looks like you have a baby in there!" Ahhh! I know, it does though:)
Oh, now none of those are very nice! I can totally sympathize with the skin... the hormones are not nice to our faces. Good luck. Luckily it's only 9 mos. right? Take Care!!
Girl - we all go through the same stuff = that is why this is so funny! Guys obviously have no clue because with each pregnancy Tyler would say that! It's probably not that you will end up bigger overall - you just show faster so they think you are bigger - I gained the least amount of weight with Max, but since I showed faster Tyler thought I was way bigger - so I'm sure you will even out in a few more weeks! Just stinks to get bigger faster in the beginning since it makes for that much more time of being uncomfortable. Hope it all gets better! We all feel your pain! You can call and complain to me anytime - I will listen!
Post a Comment