I call this one "Roman Holiday" because this shirt was originally bought to wear home from the hospital after I had Roman...just a basic Tee and track suit idea. Well, now the shirt is too big and was begging for a makeover!
Before:
OMG - WARNING: UGLY PHOTO AHEAD!!! THIS WAS TAKEN JUST HOURS AFTER ROMAN WAS BORN SO DON'T JUDGE THE PUDGE!!! haha

After:


The 2nd project is called "The Laurie" because Laurie Andrews has been such a great cheerleader to me as I've been crazily discussing what projects I want to make. It's also a gift for her if I can talk Coco (my dressform) into taking it off!!!! She thinks she looks too cute in it. hehe It's made from a size XXL $3 (clearance) shirt from Wal-Mart...I must be crazy because I saw such great potential in something no one else wanted! Laurie, I hope you like it!
During:
After:




My next project is turning one of my old skirts into a sundress for the girls...wish me luck! Actually wait and wish me luck on the project after that, which is Allie's baptism dress. No, it's not a remake either so I'm extra nervous. The good thing is that I have plenty of time for Grandma to come to the rescue, right?! ;-)




My next project is turning one of my old skirts into a sundress for the girls...wish me luck! Actually wait and wish me luck on the project after that, which is Allie's baptism dress. No, it's not a remake either so I'm extra nervous. The good thing is that I have plenty of time for Grandma to come to the rescue, right?! ;-)




24 comments:
Holy mackerel! THESE ARE AMAZING!
I really should pull out my machine and try to do SOMETHING with it. I am so inspired...extremely inspired.
WOW. you are AMAZING.
You need to enter those clothing design blogs that give you stuff when you win or sell your design.
Shabby Apple has done a few.
WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO! I scored and I scored BIG. YAY YAY YAY! Looks great and I can't WAIT to wear it! Thank you thank you, you're amazing. :-) You really are!
You are amazing!!! You have a serious talent girl!
Astonishing! What a gift to reclaim something most would deem unsalvageable, and turn it into something gorgeous!
sarah!!! seriously? you rock! really, you've got some talent....and you should totally go into business! think of the profit....a $3 shirt??? when you come for your ohio visit we should have a night dedicated to re-fashioning! good luck on the baptism dress....i'm sure it will be amazing! --jami
that is so weird, i left a comment earlier...YOU are amazing! laurie is one lucky lady!oh yeah..and where did you get your dress form?
Holy Wow Sarah!! LOVE it LOVE it L-O-V-E it! Hey- I'm pretty sure you missed my birthday. So, um, I will accept your next creation, even though it will be belated 4 months. ;) Haha! No, seriously, YOU are extraordinary! :) {I REALLY want you to make me something and I will try to come pick it up!}
Do you teach? Because you are miraculous with you re-fashions.
Seriously, so cute! Amazing, in fact, that you could see that kind of potential!
Seriously! So stinking awesome. You have such a great talent. These look incredible. Please come rescue my closet!
Yah- SO WOWWWWZERS. And if I wasn't completely obsessed with ballroom dancing right now...I know what I'd be obsessed with!! Maybe I can do both? I need to work on it! That is rocking awsome girlie. You are the bomb! I love love love 'em.
=)
What the heck are you doin lady?!?!? Who needs nordstroms when you have SARAH FREAKIN LUNT!?!?!?!!!!
I'll start sending you my old shirts and you start thinking of designs.
no seriously.
i'll take clothes as a wedding gift. we don't need a toaster, rice cooker or croc pot...I NEED CLOTHES! muahahah
so faboo!!! i love 'em both! what talent! can i put in an order?
I'm impressed!!! You are amazing! Keep posting your creations...love to see the transformations:)
Holy Cow! Where were you hiding this talent in Ohio of making stuff from otherwise ugly stuff. You creative genius you. I am so jealous of Laurie right now.
Love ya girl
You obviously have an inherent talent to be able to see the "statue in the stone" of those clearance t-shirts. The rest of us just see a clearance t-shirt! lol Amazing!!
Sarah, all I can say is, you are quite incredible!! holy cow, I just don't even know what to say or think. You are amazing with the sawing machine. (And I thougth you were increadible even before you got busy with your sawing machine!!)
WOW!!!! Sarah you have SO many talents, and I love it!! I love both the shirts that you re-made into "Sarah's fashion designer magazine." I sure miss you and would love to learn some tips from you. LOVE YA!!
Sarah, you are amazing! I can't believe you can turn an ordinary t-shirt into that. Amazing!
Amazing! I especially loved the white ex-t from walmart. You are so talented! When do you find time to do all of these projects?
Sarah! You are so talented! I hopped on over to check out what you were doing- I still remember teaching Allie when she was in nursery and we were all in the university ward! Is she really getting baptized? My how time flies. Hope you're doing well!
Tara Lindley
Hi Sara (I"m rachel's sis--we only met like once!) I wanted to check out your blog and loved your refashioning projects--I want to copy you! I've been refashioning things for years, but I have had some real duds lately which frustrated my sewing motivation. Thanks for your post--I think I'll try again!
So great!! Really amazing and so talented you are miss lady!! I wish I had the skills or at least you as a neighbor to show me your tricks!! :)
Post a Comment