Today is Darin's 33rd B-day. Sadly, he didn't want a Dad Prom or any other type of "Theme" party. So, I'm surprising him with this post! (he LOVES PDA)
33 Fun, RANDOM, and Love-able Things About Darin
1. Darin has 7 sisters, 0 brothers which means that I'm a very lucky wife. He NEVER leaves the toilet seat up. Thanks girls!
2. Darin is VERY neat and organized. More so than I. Yep, he's every woman's dream. I never have to pick up his socks.
3. Darin would rather have a clean house than a good meal. True. Hmmm...maybe that's why he's so skinny?
4. He likes to go grocery shopping. Sometimes we do that for a date, with and without kids. Like last night for instance....and the BEST part is all I have to do is walk next to him. He puts EVERYTHING in the cart and asks what else we need?!! Again, thanks ladies you have trained him SO well!
5. He's an AMAZING dad and loves playing with the kids.
6. He's VERY patient.
7. When we disagree he NEVER gets loud or angry. Yep, it's amazing. He says he never gets mad at me...we just disagree sometimes. (sadly I get mad at him but at least I'm not a "yeller" either.)
8. When Darin is frustrated he cleans. Again, THANK YOU Lunt girls and Mom!
9. Darin is a very good baseball player.
10. Darin is actually a very good athlete, he can play any sport.
11. He eats candy and junk daily. I often find his hidden stashes of candy throughout the house. Nice work Dr. Lunt.
12. Darin is SUPER SMART and a hard worker.
13. Darin is very handy around the house...did you see those cabinets he made?!
14. Darin gives great hugs but most people don't know that because he ONLY hugs me and the kids. LOL I tease him about this endlessly and have told him he needs to go into "Hug Therapy". LOL His sisters have tried to help me w/ this one but that's okay. I guess I'd really rather that he didn't hug everyone. Could be awkward.
15. Darin has 6 pack abs without working at it. Not. Fair. He will say he works at it but I live with him and um, no he really doesn't. He also says it's because he's so skinny...but that's still not normal.
16. He had braces on the back of his teeth recently...guinea pig I guess. Anyway, the Orthodontist accidentally dropped a wire down his throat and he had to go to the E.R. to get it out. This is funny on SO many levels.
17. I never wanted him to get those braces! I loved his smile the way it was...it's still pretty but not "better" than it was. Oh well...
18. Darin is one of the most sincere people you'll ever meet. He doesn't try to "impress" anyone and is genuinely a nice person.
19. He is GREAT at telling someones character when he first meets them. (I'm terrible at this!) He's not judgemental but several times he's been right about someone when I've been fooled.
20. Darin served a two year mission for our church in Santiago Chile. He lived in some shacks and never had a hot shower for two years! He loves the people there so much and can't wait to go back.
21. He is fluent in Spanish.
22. Darin always gives 100% to whatever he does. Right now he serves as the Stake Athletic Director (church) and I'm amazed at how much time he dedicates to it.
23. We've been married for almost 11 years and I don't think he's ever gone to bed without kneeling down to pray first.
24. He is lactose intolerant but will eat any and all dairy anyway. Yes he takes a pill but it doesn't always work. So basically he has a stomach ache everyday.
25. My dad is also a good judge of character and Darin is the first boyfriend I had that he liked!
26. Darin refuses to blog. I beg, he won't. But maybe this time....???? he'll at least comment.
27. Darin has like over 140 1st cousins. Each of his parents came from a family of 9. Right? They are all great people too!
28. When he was a kid he had a paper route and would get on his bike early in the morning to deliver papers before school.
29. He hates onions but loves salsa.
30. Darin named all three of our kids. Somehow his names were the ones we both liked in the end.
31. He makes the best mashed potatoes, key lime pie, roast, gravy, and jello/cool whip stuff. Yep, all I do is the rolls! Again, thank you Lunt ladies!
32. He LOVES good corn and is a "corn" snob. No canned stuff at our house. LOL
33. Darin is the best husband and father ever...the above is proof.
Love you babe, hope the rest of your day is wonderful!
11 comments:
Happy Birthday Darin! Wow, so many things I didn't know....Phil's the exact same way with his lactose intolerance. Makes me laugh. I'm glad the ER doc got that wire out! Yikes!
great list! hope he has a good day.
happy late birthday, darin. i can attest to the stake activities time he puts in. anyone who volunteers to ref a GIRLS basketball game is really dedicated to their calling!:)
Happy Birthday to Darin! I was so busy and didn't have time to call - but hope he had a good one!
Happy Birthday Darin! Hope you had a great one. I loved reading this list, I guess there are a few perks from him growing up with all us girls! I especially loved the hug comment. I love to go and give him a huge hug when I see him just because I know it makes him so uncomfortable! :)
Happy Birthday! I had to check and see if Darin left a post! Nope. Jason refuses to blog as well.
What a great post and tribute to your hubby!
Happy Birthday Darin! I hope you had a wonderful day. You really are a great person and we feel so lucky to know you. We hope all your birthday wishes come true and that this is your best year yet-exciting times ahead!
I must say, I do have a pretty great brother. I look up to him a lot. I hope you had a fun birthday Darin! I miss having you guys here to celebrate the little things in life but I think about you all the time!
What a great post! Happy Belated Birthday, Darin!
Hope everything with the last of your schooling {EVER!!} goes really well.
Happy Birthday Darin! James calls me a corn snob too, thats funny.
Happy Late Birthday Darin. I can't believe you guys are leaving us so soon. I am not thinking about it, I am in denial still. If you need any help let us know.
Post a Comment