Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The End of Summer....

I'm not one of the moms who counts down until the end of summer and can't wait for their kids to go back to school. I really wish summer could last forever! What's better than lazy days at the pool? We spent our "last" day of summer enjoying the pool and each other.



If the girls weren't so excited to go to school I might keep them home forever...but instead we shopped for school supplies and started going to bed early again. Allie is very excited to be in the 1st grade and loves her new teacher, Ms. Cook. Her first day back was Tuesday, the 19th. I was not happy when I realized that she would be gone for 7 hours each day but luckily it is flying by. Allie's favorite things about 1st grade are:
1. Recess.
2. Lunch AT school.
3. Her new Hello Kitty Backpack and Hannah Montana Lunchbox.


Kate started pre-school at Alton Darby on Tuesday the 26th. She couldn't wait for her first day because our house without Allie is pretty boring. She is very excited to have new friends. Her friend Sam from church is in her class and also her friend Ella. She loves her teach, Mrs. Racz (pronounced Rots). Her favorite things about pre-school are:
1. Recess.
2. Something about Rockets which I need to get the details on.
3. Her Friends.

Luckily Kate's school is exactly when Roman naps in the afternoon so I'm hoping to catch up on some projects...or at least housework!

A couple of quick funny notes before I log off.... AND PLEASE DON'T TELL ALLIE ABOUT THIS. lol
This was just too funny to not post. ...
Darin, Roman and I made a quick trip to Arizona last weekend. My sister Cari was nice enough to come out and watch the girls. They had a WONDERFUL time. Cari was great at playing Polly Pockets with the girls and doing art projects, tea parties, etc. While they were playing Polly Pockets Allie said, "Oh my gosh, I almost forgot to tell you something." Cari asked what it was and Allie replied, "We have a Hooters here!" Cari asked her if she knew what that place was and Allie replied again, "Yes. It's a bad place where girls are not modest and all wear the same thing and men go there to drink bad things like coffee." LOL Cari kept a straight face and said, "Yah, I don't think that's a good place." So why did my daughter need to update Cari on this??? Good question...her bus last year went right past it and the kids were nice enough to educate her on the establishment.

The other HILARIOUS Allie story...
Cari and the girls were doing an art project. Allie was sharpening her pencil at the garbage can and dropped the sharpener in. She let out a yell and said, "OH NO! My sharpener fell in. I need someone to get it." We told her to just reach in and pull it out. Her response was, "No, that's gross and embarrassing. People will laugh at me if I reach in a garbage can." I told her, "No, you can even brag to your friends that 'one time you reached in a garbage can'." Allie immediately said, "No Mom, don't tell ANYONE! And WHATEVER you do, DON'T PUT IT ON YOUR BLOG!" LOLOLOL I couldn't stop laughing at that one and sadly, I HAD to put it on my blog.

10 comments:

lisa h. said...

what funny stories! i think it's great that she says men go there to drink bad things like coffee!! and not to blog about something she did. enjoy your nice time with just roman! evan is in kindergarten now, but it's just half day and i'm trying to re-convert calder to naptimes after he gets home from school!

Brandon and Cari (Sellers) Murdock said...

Sarah,
I had such a wonderful time with the girls and, of course, with you after you got back! Thanks so much for having me out there! By the way, Brandon was so excited to have me home, but, whatever you do, don't blog about it! ;) LOL I'm still laughing about the funny stuff the girls said! Love ya!
-Cari-

Britain said...

I must say this year I was a countdown mom. I wish we were in year round school so we could have breaks other times than just summer. Vegas is too hot to have a long summer, and the traveling to get out of the heat wore me out this year.

Hilarious stories. Allie sounds just like Payton. Whenever something embarassing happens, she now knows to warn me to keep it off the blog. She is also the modesty police which is a big job here in Vegas.

Laurie said...

Oh, those are great Allie stories! DON'T PUT IT ON YOUR BLOG! Hilarious!

Look at your big kids! I'm so glad they are enjoying themselves.

And that Roman--I honestly may have to roast him up for dinner when I come so that I can EAT HIM UP! He kills me he's so cute!

Todd and Ashley said...

Sarah, you are the cutest mom ever!! I love all the cute things your Aly comes up with. It's amazing what they pick up from friends or just kids around. I love the "popcorn popping" song with all your kids and Darin. Roman is so excited it's way cute. We need to play soon. I have only seen you once since we have been here. I know we are both busy. We need to go for a walk sometime with any of your kids that are around.

Barney Family said...

Your girls are too cute and so grown up! Isn't it scary how fast they grow up! Are you having any luck in finding practices? We are so excited for you guys to be done and moving on. We are planning a Columbus trip and we will have to get together.

Kellie

Marianne said...

How cute! You're kids are so hilarious, Allie always cracks me up! I love that she felt the need to tell Carrie about the new restaurant in town, lol.

Perry's said...

Funny stories Sarah! And what cute kids you have, all grown up going to school! I am not ready for summer to end either, no no no! Glad you spent it in the right way - by the pool!

Shannon Sundberg said...

Wow! Isn't it amazing how fast these little ones grow up? I can't believe we have first graders. Thomas started preschool today and absolutely loved it. I am still trying to adjust to this new schedule. I sure miss my little ones and can't wait for them to get home from school. I am glad Allie is liking first grade. So far, Heidi is loving it too. Did you find anything good in Arizona? We had a long chat with my uncle this weekend about Folsom. We need to catch up soon! We love you guys and miss you.

Callin and Tricia said...

That is such a funny story about Hooters because one day last year we were driving down the road and Gabe told me that exact same story about Hooters. I said "how do you know that" and he said that Allie had told him on the bus one day. I thought it was pretty funny.