Sunday, July 6, 2008

Virginia Beach


Last weekend (June 27th) we took the kids to Virginia Beach. It was well worth the 10 hour drive! Here's a quick list of what we did:
1. Stayed at an awesome hotel right on the beach, so fun to sit on the balcony and enjoy the ocean breeze.
2. Went to the beach.
3. Walked the boardwalk at night and listened to lots of bands.
4. Rode some rides at an amusement park...Kate even rode one alone!.
5. Kate taught herself to skip! - very exciting!
6. Allie is officially a beach bum - she was the saddest one to leave.
7. Roman tasted his first handful of dirt, no complaints.
8. Rode a bike that fit our ENTIRE FAMILY on it, and Roman fell asleep during the ride.
9. Took the Trolley all over town, the kids loved it.
10. Slept in!
If anyone is contemplating this trip I definitely recommend it. The drive through West Virginia was gorgeous. The kids did great in the car. The girls just watched movies and Roman slept or played. Darin and I had great conversations about the future and how it will feel to drive for DAYS to our new home....yet to be determined but coming very soon (only 9 months left)!
Enjoy the pics!

16 comments:

Shannon Sundberg said...

What a fun vacation! Thanks for sharing the pictures. I am glad you guys are living it up and enjoying the last little bit of school. It was great to talk to you today. Thanks for being such a good friend. What a beautiful family you have. I can't believe Roman and his curly hair. The girls haircuts look so good.

Anonymous said...

I love vacations like that! The kind where you just go and stay in a hotel and do your own thing! so fun!

loved all the pictures!!!

kp said...

Hi Sarah,
I found your page blog surfing! Come visit ours at pfamily-angelkisses.blogspot.com. Glad to see you guys having so much fun. love, karen p.

Sarah Walton said...

That does look like a fun trip! We'll have to put that on our list of places to go. Cute pictures!

Jill said...

So fun!! I'm completely jealous! I don't think we'll be taking this trip for a while- plus with 5 kids I doubt they'd let us have a room like that-lol. We'd have to go for the suite... Thanks for sharing the pics! Hey- let's go on vaca together in a year or two! :)

Schmid Family said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Your kids are so cute. I miss you guys. Love ya.

Sara said...

Looks like you guys had a great time at the beach! SO jealous!!! It was great to talk to you at the pool!

Todd and Ashley said...

Cute pictures, it looks like you guys had so much fun. I forget that Virginia is that close. Well 10 hours away but that is not too bad. We will have to get some tips on the best places to visit while we are living there. We are getting way excited to move out there. We will be there in like 5 weeks!!!

Britain said...

I love the Roman sleeping on the beach pictures. What a fun vacation!

Melissa said...

Looks like a great time was had by all. Roman is so cute. I can't believe how grown up your girls are. What a great way to relax. The beach is so pretty . . . not like Galveston (eww).

Laurie said...

So glad you guys had such a good time! It makes me wish we had been there with you! Roman is just killing me with all his cuteness. And I don't know if I've told you this lately, but you're a hot mommma!

Donette said...

Yah! How fun! Looks like your 10th was done up right! Glad you guys were able to get away and have such a good time!

Marianne said...

How fun! The pictures are so cute, and I love Roman's little rash guard outfit! Hey, I think we've been there. Jonathan and I lived in Virginia Beach for about a month, and their beaches were sooo pretty and way nicer than Galveston. They had a cool Dairy Queen where you can't go inside, the beachers just walk up to the window to order stuff. I thought it was cool. That's great that the kids did so well with a 10 hour drive! I'm so glad y'all go to go.

Perry's said...

Looks like so much fun I absolutely love the beach. We've never been to Virginia, after seeing your pics that may just be our next trip!

The Morris Family said...

How fun!! We should've taken more trips like that when we lived there. Your girl's hair is darling & they do look so grown up!! Roman is growing so fast!

cheeks said...

well, you've convinced me...i really need a trip to the beach! I'm right with allie and the beach bum idea! Looks like you had such a fun time!