Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Columbus Dispatch

Let me start by saying that I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while. We had an awesome trip to Denver a few weeks ago but we took soooo many pictures that I haven't had time to go through them...so keep an eye out for that post later this week. I have to say a big thank you to Paul and Katherine for letting us come and visit them, we had the BEST time and wish we could live closer...like, next door.

So last week was full of big things, Allie graduated from kindergarten..pictures will be added soon! My client who is/was engaged got married..that was a big deal and also requires a complete post later. Also a reporter from the Columbus Dispatch, which is our big paper, called me last Wednesday to see if she could do an interview. She wanted to do it the very next day and at my house! No biggie, right? I've met Kristie, the style and fashion reporter, before and have given her quotes for stories in the past but this was my first feature article. You can imagine the whirlwind that happened to get everything in order! Kristie said they also wanted to do a photoshoot of some of my favorite outfits too. Luckily I had a hair appointment scheduled for Friday and so I asked if we could take the pictures on Friday, luckily that worked out! So Thursday was a lot of fun. Kristie came to the house and Roman was napping, Kate watching a show so we had some peace and quiet to just visit. It probably took about an hour and a half for the interview and the next day the photoshoot took almost two hours.

So...last night I started getting nervous about the article and didn't sleep that well. I ironed Darin's shirt this morning so he would have time to run and get the paper...but sadly he only had time to buy the paper and couldn't drop it back off at the house. He did say that it's a big story that takes about 2/3 of the page....and luckily I did find it online.
If you care to read the article... http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/flipside/stories/2008/06/03/3_STYLE3.ART_ART_06-03-08_E8_QMABNQD.html?sid=101

PS. I'm sorry if I'm bragging, this is just big stuff for a little girl from Vidor, TX!

30 comments:

Heather said...

Sarah, that is AWESOME! And I don't think it's bragging in the least. I'm thrilled that you would share this big exciting news with us, I would've missed it otherwise. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

I am SO glad you shared it! you are awesome!

Ashli Clinger said...

I am so glad you shared!!! How AWESOME!!!! You are so great at what you do!!! I have felt so much better about myself since working with you!!

Sarah Lunt said...

Thank you so much for the support, I love doing this and it's nice to get the recognition.

Noelle said...

I just read it in the newspaper here at work. WOW! Full color pictures and everything. Nicely done, it sounds like a fun interview.

Brandon and Cari (Sellers) Murdock said...

I'm so proud of you!!! You look FABULOUS in the pictures, by the way. I put the full article on my blog, so everybody will see it. Congratulations!!! (can't wait to see the pics of Allie's graduation and the trip to Denver) Love you!!

Rachel H said...

Yay for you Sarah! That is super fun and awesome! I am totally agreeing with all your tips too! A great pair of jeans is- well- something I am only dreaming of right now!! Gotta hit the Gym after this little babe comes!=)
Love,
Rachel

Todd and Ashley said...

I told you that you are my super model friend!!! And I have been right all along. Congrats on the wonderful article. You deserve all the recognition, you are so good at what you do. You are amazing with Fashion. I got to see you in action when I was out there visiting you guys.

Barney Family said...

Sarah, Congrats! Brag on, you deserve to display your hard work and talents.

Kellie

Jill said...

I'm so happy for you Sarah! It's exciting to see others recognize your talents. You've been my stylist since I was in the 8th grade! lol Anyway, congratulations- hope to see more of you and your work in the months/years to come!

Amanda said...

Congratulations!!!! How awesome for you!

Kara said...

This is so awesome - a friend from work left me a message this morning telling me my friend was in the newspaper, she said, "I'm sure she's your friend because she's mormon!" When she told me what section of the newspaper, I knew it would be you - so exciting!

Stephanie@Soggy Runner Girl said...

It's been a long time, I found your blog through Natalie's. You are amazing!!! I could really use your services, too bad I live in Oregon. I really want to reinvent my style but don't feel like I can pull of the style that I want to be wearing. I you have any suggestions email me at ohiohenstroms@hotmail.com I will definitely keep checking your blog, it is fun to catch up with people.
Steph

Sarah Walton said...

Congratulations Sarah! So exciting. The article was really great and you look fabulous!

Melissa said...

How cool is that? You are so beautiful and you make it seem sooooooooo easy. I wish I had that talent. You are a Sellers so it's in your blood. Congrats on the piece. What a great tribute to all the hard work you do. I'm excited for you.

The Cochran Family said...

This is too fun! I second everyone that Im glad you shared! You are a beautiful example to all women out there...mormon or not! Thanks for the comment. I have a frined here who is partnered with an orthodontist here...I'll ask him about the market here. It's a wonderful place to live...school's are top notch, the lake, tons to do, tons to eat, and of course tons of beef! :)

Laurie said...

It DOES look so impressive in the actual paper!! You look so great, foot twin! And by the way, pizza? Vacations? Hey, do you love your kids? SO DO I! You're right! We ARE so alike! :)

Anita said...

Sarah, That is so AWESOME. Congrats. I would be telling the world too. That is something to be proud of. How fun to be reconized in the paper that you know hundreds of people read, plus its helps that you are such a cutie and work your buns off doing what you love. :)

Britain said...

How fun is that? Congratulations! I agree with Heather. Not bragging, just sharing. You look great! Way to pull it off with such short notice.

lisa h. said...

congrats! that is so cool!

Krystal Trapnell said...

Sarah, that is awesome! You look amazing!

Donette said...

k so you are such a babe! You go girl! After reading this post about your trip to Denver I'm really getting worried;) You better not go there or else! j/k

Krissy said...

That was so fun to read.I'm glad you shared that, you had great answers to every single question. Keep up all the good work!

Sara said...

It was fun to see you posted about being in the newspaper! Brag away!!! I think its great! I first heard about it when Anna Gazdik came in for her adjustment at my office. She was the one who told me about it! Her and her sisters thought it was really cool and they loved the shopping tips!

Kelly L said...

Sarah,

I am SOOOO proud of you and happy for you. I thought the article was great and totally captured your amazing and fun personality. I am blessed to be your friend and maybe someday when you're famous you can take Shannon and I with you someplace exotic, what do you think? Also, sorry I haven't called since Harrison got here--I don't know where the time has gone!

Lots of love!

Juli Chan said...

Wow Sarah, that was so great! I loved all of your answers and you looked great too. I just wish I could still run into you all the time (like at preschool) so that I could get my weekly fashion inspirations:)

Emily J. said...

Sarah you are amazing. Totally not bragging. You are such a talented person and I love that you are so down to earth with it all. Congrats!!!!

Unknown said...

Okay...I've always thought you were unbelieveably cool, but this really solidifies the idea. Sarah you are GREAT!

Callin and Tricia said...

How exciting for you! I was not surprised to see you in the big time newspaper. I know that you are capable of anything. We missed saying goodbye to you guys. We really wanted to see you guys before we left. I hope you are all doing well and enjoy your last summer in Ohio for us. Good job again on that article. I had to show my whole family.

Melba said...

Sarah, you made your family proud of you and your achievements. You look good in the newspaper! So what's next? Maybe you can fill in for Stacy London.
Keep up the good job. I'm glad that you can make a career of doing what you love to do --- so, it's never work.