Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Busy, Busy, Busy
So every week I say how I've been busy and so I'll just post something quickly...well, here it goes again! Actually, I like short and concise posts so I guess I should just stick with what works. Here's my week's update for our family.
Darin: He has one board exam this Friday and the LAST one is next Wednesday! Woohoo! If you remember him in your prayers, it's very much appreciated. He is looking forward to life post-exam. I think his next hobby will be finding us a new home and future life. Sounds much less stressful, huh?! Seriously though, I think he just wants to veg-out in front of ESPN for a few days. (btw, this post is not Darin approved so he may correct me later on his plans.)
Sarah: My week was so stressful. I kept telling myself, "I just have to make it through today." And soon enough it was over, yeah! I had a really big speech to give to a medical group of doctors and patients. There were about 300 in attendance and so I really wanted to do a good job. I'm happy to say that it's over and everyone seemed excited about it. I had lots of people ask for my card afterwards. I also had lots of clients last week and this week...but I think I'm going to start slowing things down in that area. K, the big news is that I got a new calling at church. For those who aren't familiar, in our church no one gets paid for service; we all just serve in different areas which is a great learning experience. And no, I never feel qualified for anything I'm asked to do; I guess that's where the Lord comes in. K...back to the calling. I'm the new Ward Activities Chairperson. So I'm planning all the ward parties and our Christmas one is HUGE! I'm sure there will be many more posts on this in the future.
Allie: She had her first piano recital this week. She has been having recitals at home since she learned there was such a thing (she loves an audience). She practiced with perfection and memorized her song a week or so before. She chose her dress and asked if she could wear a little lipstick because it was a special day...of course I said yes. Allie practiced at least five times before we left. She looked a bit nervous as she took her place on the front row but did a great job once she got to the piano. She looked so small on that bench! We were so proud of her, she really did a terrific job. Oh, her song was "Fur Ludwig" by Beethoven, it's a rendition of "Fur Elise".
Kate: This week we discovered that Kate has quite a knack for math. As Allie was practicing some addition Kate would chime in on each problem with the answer. She had a big smile on her face when she realized that she was really good at this! Kate is also a very big helper in the car with Roman. If his binky or bottle fall out of his mouth, she is right there to put it back in. Kate also can't stand for Roman to cry at home and has developed some great tricks that always make him laugh. I'm really impressed with what a big helper she's become.
Roman: I guess Roman is no longer a "bitty baby". Last week he started sitting on his own and is rolling both ways! I didn't realize how mobile he was until he was at the edge of the bed...but I got him just in time. He is still a very happy little guy and rarely fusses. I'm afraid I'm going to jinx him by saying that. Oh wait, funny thing happened today. I was outside with the kids when my neighbor came by to say hi. She is a very sweet Muslim lady. She asked to hold Roman, who had previously been laughing and smiling. So I handed him over to her. Within 30 seconds of him staring at her, he started to SCREAM bloody-murder! She looked at me like what happened. I made an excuse that he was hungry and he only lets me hold him...and I apologized profusely. Roman would NOT stop crying until I took him in the house and even then it took like 15 minutes for him to calm down. I don't know if it's because she has a headscarf or what but he did that to her when he was like 2 months old too! I feel so bad now and don't know what to do.
Well, so much for the short post! haha
It's wayyy too late so I'm headed to bed. Oh wait, if you have a private blog (Jessica Keetch!) please email me so I can take a look: s_lunt@yahoo.com
K, Good night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
GREAT POST! I THINK YOU DO A GREAT JOB AT POSTING :)
SORRY ABOUT THE NEIGHBOR...
LOVE THE PINK BALL FOR ROMAN!
No wonder I haven't been able to get a hold of you on the phone! You just need to clone yourself or something. We will definately keep Darin (and the rest of you) in our prayers, but I'm sure he'll pass with flying colors anyway! Loved the update! Hopefully this week slows down, so I can have a chance to talk to you! Miss & love y'all!
Such cute pictures! Great job, Allie, with your piano recital. You look so beautiful in that dress! Kate, how smart are you?!? You are such a great helper with Roman! Roman, when did you get so big?!? You are such a handsome little boy! Sarah, I love your posts. I'm glad other people see how talented and amazing you are, even though that means you're extra busy! :0) I know you're going to be an amazing activities chairperson!!
Allie really did such a great job at the recital. I was SO proud of her. Just think how far she's already come in such a short amount of time. I missed her today but it sounds like you guys are very busy. We will see you next week and good luck with everything!
That is so funny about Roman. Dylan does the same thing. There is one lady at church that always wants to hold him. He usually stares at her for the first 30 seconds and then bursts into the loudest cry and his eyes become little faucets with tears streaming down. You can tell he is scared to death for some reason. I always feel so bad, and have no clue what to say!
Aww, I didn't know Allie was learning to play the piano. I'm so impressed! So, it turns out Kate is a math genius? Pretty sweet skills, Kate. Oh and that was hilarious about Roman's bloody murder scream. Lol, poor kid. I don't blame him, I've seen that lady and she is pretty scary...jk. Ethan recently started doing that to people (like Kayla, haha!)
Now that you are the new activites guru, I just have one request. Please do the chili/chocolate dinner next year. I was in heaven!
Cari--Sorry I'll try to call soon!
Nollie--don't you worry, I was the one who suggested the Chili-Chocolate because it was such a hit in our previous ward. True that whoever came up with this idea was a genius but sadly it wasn't me.
Sarah it sounds like you are busy. Just think it will be you next year that everyone has to say goodbye to and I bet there are at least 200 nice things people could say. Poor Allie..two friends in such a short time
Sarah:
It has been way tooo long. We definitely need to catch up. I would love to hear Allie play the piano. Congrats on your new calling. You will do a great job. Sorry about the goodbyes. It made me cry just reading your blog.
lots of love
Shannon
Post a Comment