Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for all the nice comments everyone left last week after I shamelessly admitted to my love of comments. Truly what I love is that having a blog allows me to keep in contact with dear friends whom I might not have been able to otherwise. It's so fun to see everyone's families growing and doing exciting things. I have to laugh because blog world vs. reality are very different. In blog world all families are so happy and shiny, even when reminicising about cleaning up throw-up earlier in the week we seem to find the laughter in it...reality is that yes, throw-up has to be cleaned up and the smell is very real. So while I love the idea of looking like the perfect family, I thought I would throw a dose of reality out there this week. So here it goes... I'm not always so nice to Polly Pocket. This week I put her and all of her friends in time-out. It seemed that she was getting my girls into trouble. They were supposed to clean up the basement but alas she kept talking my girls into playing "a little longer"....so she was grounded for the week along with all of the other toys. Yep, I'm a mean mom! After what seemed to be hours of begging them to clean up I finally realized that Polly had to go. So Allie and Kate cried their goodbyes as I scooped up all the toys and put them away for the week. The entire time I was thinking to myself, "Should I really be doing this? I'm only punishing myself. I'm going to have to entertain them at all hours for an entire week. How's that going to happen? I'm going to loose my sanity!" So I backtracked a tiny bit and let them choose one small toy (and they chose the most random things but oh well)....they have definitely learned their lesson as have I. I'm so looking forward to Monday, woohoo Polly will be back!
So, something fun happend to me this week too. I got tagged for the first time. My cute sis-in-law Katherine posted this on her blog and then tagged me at the end. So here's how it works. I have to answer the following questions and then tag three more people...whose names will only be revealed at the end of my post.
What is your spouses name? Darin
How long have you been together? Since the fall of 1997!!! This summer we'll celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary!
Who eats more? That depends...most of the time it's him.
Who said 'I Love You' first? awww, fond memory. I have to say that was me..but he quickly said it back. LOL K, now Darin is questioning this and thinks it's him. The most important thing is who says it most now...and we're tied!
Who is taller? Darin
Who is smarter? Yikes...definitely Darin who is in the 26th grade. (i think) BUT I am more creative.
Who does the laundry? me
Who does the dishes? mostly me but he doesn't mind helping out when he doesn't have exams to study for.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? grrrr....Darin does. I don't like to sleep closest to the door but he tricked me into giving him that side of the bed.
Who pays the bills? Darin does, and he does a fabulous job.
Who mows the lawn? I don't know his name but it's usually a Mexican who rarely makes eye contact with us. (lawn service since we live in a condo.)
Who cooks dinner? I do but I don't do a great job at it.
Who drives when you are together? Darin...so glad he does too.
Who is more stubborn? Good question. I don't think either of us is terribly stubborn. I think I'm probably more of a pushover than he is...but he's not that stubborn either.
Who kissed who first? Darin kissed me first.
Who asked who out first? Darin asked me. It's a great story b/c it was so meant to be. I won't go into all the details but he had the phone number to my old condo and called when I happened to be there visiting...I was so confused as to how he knew I was there but he never knew I moved. I hope that made sense. I had NO idea he was even interested in me until that exact minute!
Who proposed? Darin did...also a great story that you should ask me about sometime.
Who has more siblings? I do - there are 11 in my family and 8 in his, crazy I know. I have 8 sisters and two brothers, he has 7 sisters...nope, neither of us have step-siblings.
Who wears the pants? I will copy Katherine's comment on this on: This is a risky one to answer. . .I think we both have our moments.
So I'm going to tag Jill, Caroline if she is feeling up to it (just had a baby), and Jessica N. and anyone else who has never been tagged!
10 comments:
IT IS HARD TO "STICK TO YOUR GUNS" ON PUNISHMENT B/C MOST PUNISHMENTS DO INDEED PUNISH THE PARENTS! I LEARNED THAT WHEN I DID HOME CHILDCARE... BUT IF YOU DON'T THEY WILL RUN YOU OVER! AND I DON'T LIKE TO SLEEP NEAR THE DOOR EITHER!
I'll accept the challenge! Except now that you've tagged Caroline (whom we all know will step up) now I have to find someone else to tag!
Oh! I hope Polly doesn't hole grudges! ;)
Sarah, I learned a lot more about you from your Tag comments. I can't believe you two are coming up on your 10 year annivesary. Boy does time go by fast these days.
so fun. i love reading tags.... i'm glad to know that i'm not the only mean mom who puts toys in time out.
Hey so I was reading your blog and I saw that you had found a way to print our blogs. I have been looking for something like this. I am so excited and I am going to attempt it. We are so excited to be headed that way, hopefully we can meet up and go to a buckeye game or something. We will be coming out the end of June.
Kellie
Sarah, how fun to read, tfs. I never knew you and both had so many siblings!!! Those family reunions must be very fun!
I just came across your blog - so cute! Even though we see you all the time, it's fun to see what you post. If you want to check it out, our blog is http://lisaandjamesjacobs.blogspot.com/
Lisa
Wow, I admire the Polly Pocket story! I would have caved! Why is it SO fun to read all about each other? I love it!
I love hearing about everyones spouses. You two are a great match and you do have the perfect little family.
omgosh! the comment about the lawn mower totally cracked me up!
Post a Comment