Sunday, January 13, 2008

Angel Baby

Today was a very special day, Roman was blessed at church. He was seriously an angel baby. I was hoping that he would just sleep through the blessing and if he was awake I was hoping he wouldn't cry. Everyone who was in the circle said that he was actually smiling the whole time. That really describes how he has been this whole week. Darin's parents were able to come out for the blessing which made today even sweeter. I won't go into detail about what was said during his blessing because it was so special but I will say that he was blessed to be able to live a life of love and service for the Lord. I already love Roman so much and am so proud to be his mother; I can only imagine how proud I will be as I watch him grow up.

Our visit with Darin's parents seemed to go so quickly. I know that many people make jokes about their in-laws and many people don't like theirs; I have to say that I am very blessed to have wonderful in-laws. I truly love and appreciate them. They have raised my husband to be a wonderful, caring man; how can I not love them?. We enjoyed another trip to COSI with them this week, the girls first swimming lesson, The BEE Movie, On The Border, and many other fun activities. Joan was kind enough to indulge my desire for cute burp cloths--we took a trip to Joann's for some decorative fabrics and then she sewed them up. I know it "doesn't matter what a baby spits up on", but I guess I just like looking at pretty things...I got lots of compliments on the one I had at church today.

The Good News Update for the week:
1. Roman slept 9 hours almost every night this week!!!! (except last night grrrrr.)
2. Kate was accepted into the Peer Model Preschool program for next year...it's an awesome public preschool that is a tad competitive to get into. Ridiculous I know but it's really a great program and it's affordable!
3. Allie blossomed in her swimming class and had no fear!
4. I was able to exercise 5 days this week!
5. Darin received his grant money for his research project.

This week we're looking forward to Roman's 2 month doctor's appt and another trip to COSI!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited that your in-laws were in town for the blessing! it is always wonderful to have family around. what is this "cosi" place you keep referring to?

Sarah Lunt said...

oh, COSI is our science museum. It's really fun for everyone; they have things geared towards my kids and exhibits that teach you about anything from space to the ocean. You should come and visit and I'll take you there...since I'm there everyweek anyway. ha

Heather said...

Fun post - so glad Darin's parents could come for the blessing. Congrats on the 9hrs a night thing!

Faith W said...

Sarah, what a special time. Congratulations. You all look so good and happy.

And you go and give Roman all the cute little burp cloths you can find - boys need pretty things too! :)

Anna said...

Hey Sarah! Arent' boys fun, wait till he gets bigger. Roman is a cutie, he seems so big already.

Todd and Ashley said...

Sarah you always have the cutest blog ever. That is so neat that little Roman was blessed recently. And how special to have Darin's parents out there for the special occasion. I too am like you and love my in laws. I hear such horrible stories from other people and their in laws. But I too am so blessed.