ZOO Lights
Last week was pretty much drama free. We had freakishly warm weather on Tuesday night so we packed up the kids and went to the zoo to see the Christmas lights. I had been making treats to take the neighbors beforehand and felt very frazzled but knew we needed to go. On the way there Darin asked why I was so annoyed. I replied that I knew going to do something as a family was the right thing to do but I had such a long list of what needed to be done that it was hard to relax and have fun. Well that all changed as soon as we got there. The girls were SOOOO excited and kept saying with all the enthusiasm possible, "Mom, Dad, this is the Day of My Life!" --they didn't realize the phrase is "Best" or "Worst" day of my life...it was so funny. Soon Darin and I were equally as excited as they were about the lights and blow up decorations. They were right, it was the Day of My Life and I needed to chose if it was the "Best" or the "Worst"...glad to report that it became the "Best."

Annual White Elephant Party
Some dear friends invited us to their Annual White Elephant Christmas Party. It was so fun to hang out with other couples...and a few babies.
Darin and I couldn't think of a good White Elephant gift until the day of...whew! Darin had a great idea, Gold Fish. Another couple was actually excited to take take the fish home to their son...we were excited to bring home our new Hello Kitty toaster. The girls were thrilled when they saw it in the morning and of course wanted toast for breakfast...too bad that the Hello Kitty imprint doesn't really show up very well on wheat bread. The girls insisted we buy some white bread so they could see Hello Kitty on the toast, well for anyone considering purchasing one of these lovely toasters, keep in mind that your toast has to get quite dark in order for Hello Kitty to show up. Even a three year old who loves Hello Kitty can't eat that "toasty" of toast. We're invited to another White Elephant party on Christmas Day...some other lucky little girl might get to go home with a new toaster! When we got home from the party that night, our sweet little girls were in bed but had made this banner for us...it's still hanging up. So cute!
So one last update...Roman. He is getting really big and is still smiley but sadly, like our girls, he is now very colicky. He has acid reflux and is really fussy when he eats, after he eats, and when he's awake...yah so pretty much unless he's asleep. So, we put him on some soy formula and he's doing much better. The formula smells awful but he seems to like it. I've stopped eating anything with dairy, chocolate, and any vegetables that cause gas---no, I can't think of much to eat other than dry chicken and rice :(. So I'll try to nurse him again in a few days when all of the dairy and CHOCOLATE are out of my system to see if it works as well as the formula is.

I almost forgot, we did get a little snow last week and went to see Santa! Funny story about Santa. We went Thursday afternoon but Santa was going on break, we watched a few kids sit in his lap while we waited to find out when he was going and coming back. As we watched three brothers ages 6 to 10 walked up to him. He greeted them and then asked, "Boys why do you fight so much? And why don't you listen to your mother?" He said it in such a firm but loving way and boy did those guys start shifting. It was the funniest thing I've EVER seen! My girls saw it too and that definitely got me some leverage this week!
3 comments:
Sarah,
I'm so sorry that Roman has the same problems that the girls had--and I can't believe you are such a good mom to give up CHOCOLATE (notice the capitals)for him; actually of course I believe it--you are a great Mom and I hope all of your sacrifice pays off and gives you a happier baby boy. I am also looking forward with anticipation to your Christmas card--hope we were on your list! Also, hope you had an excellent birthday--I was thinking of you and am sorry I didn't pick up the phone!
Love ya,
Kelly
we did get your card yesterday and LOVE IT! such a beautiful FAMLY! great job!! and the famiy outings are worth it I've found... & I always think to myself that the pictures from the outing will make such a great scrapbook page haha...and thinks for the heads up on hello kitty...
I can't even tell you how much I am missing you. We got your card and cute announcement yesterday and it made me cry. I am totally missing seeing this little guy grow up. Like I said before, I feel like your kids are mine. I hope you have a wonderful holiday and know that some friends in Utah are sad we are not together for any festivities this year. Love
Shannon
Post a Comment